Does this seem like an effective way to break my plateau?

Options
I've been stuck at my weight (132 lbs) for about a month now. I blame my eating habits. Ever since I completed P90x and went back to the gym instead I gained the 5 lbs back that I lost from Insanity. I actually gained more. I gained a total of 7 lbs. I was 125 lbs when I completed Insanity, and now I'm 132 lbs. I have been eating a lot though. All I do at the gym is 15-20 minutes of cardio and 30 min of lifting 6 days a week. I started doing this functional circuit class for 30 min for a whole week instead of going to the gym. It didn't help. It's less intense than what I usually do that's why.

My new plan is to do the functional circuit class for 30 min in the morning and then a 15 min warm-up on the eliptical and 20 min ab workouts on the machinea then 45 minutes of Zumba at night. I'm just going to eat around 1600 calories a day. Do you think this will help break my plateau? I really want to reach at least 125 lbs within a month then hopefully 120 lbs.

Replies

• Fairdria
    Fairdria Posts: 7
    Options
    Based on what I've learned as a Beachbody coach and from my nutrition certification so far, I don't think so. I was at a plateau too and couldn't get down anymore weight. I wasn't eating healthy at all. Eating nutrient dense foods, portion control and cardio several times a week is key. Also, I've loved the Shakeology protein shakes. I'm not trying to sell you on anything (in fact, I'm sure you probably have a coach since you were using the products) - I've just found their plan to be exactly what I needed to move past the plateau and maintain! The bottom line is if you are only doing workouts that are comfortable to you, they aren't going to work because your body gets used to them.
    Good luck to you.
  • jainafaith
    jainafaith Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Based on what I've learned as a Beachbody coach and from my nutrition certification so far, I don't think so. I was at a plateau too and couldn't get down anymore weight. I wasn't eating healthy at all. Eating nutrient dense foods, portion control and cardio several times a week is key. Also, I've loved the Shakeology protein shakes. I'm not trying to sell you on anything (in fact, I'm sure you probably have a coach since you were using the products) - I've just found their plan to be exactly what I needed to move past the plateau and maintain! The bottom line is if you are only doing workouts that are comfortable to you, they aren't going to work because your body gets used to them.
    Good luck to you.

So what types of workouts should I do instead? I only noticed improvement when I did a beach body program. Going back to the gym doesn't really help me. It's either I stay the same or gain more weight back from my eating habits.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.

So what types of workouts should I do instead? I only noticed improvement when I did a beach body program. Going back to the gym doesn't really help me. It's either I stay the same or gain more weight back from my eating habits.

You could change your eating habits.

Eating at a deficit for weight loss.

Exercise for health advantages and additional calories.

If you don't want to change your eating habits, then you need to burn more calories at the gym meaning longer workouts or higher intensity workouts.