Breast Aug. Need tips from post op patients.

Options
2»

Replies

• These_goto_11
    These_goto_11 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Silicone, Natrelle 410 "Gummy Bear" implants. I have these. They feel the most real in the body. My implants are under the muscle and look really good. They're actually comfortable. I get some displacement when doing chest exercises because they're under the muscle, but no capsular contracture and no dropping or difference between the breasts.

*Disclaimer. I had nipple sparing bilateral mastectomy. A little different circumstance, but even if my real ones hadn't tried to murder me, I would have been happy to get these. They feel like firm boobies and not like foreign objects.

Galatea - had the BMX as well, having my final surgery next week, replacing expanders with implants...I never even thought to ask if they would be under or over the muscle, I will have to call doc tomorrow...what difference does it make as far as exercising, everyday, etc...I read from your profile that you lift, how much recovery time did you need before you were lifting? Thanks!
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic information everyone... Thank you all so much for your help. Every comment has shed new light on the whole concept. I'm looking forward to hearing even more :)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I schedule surgeries for the Plastic surgery department at a local hospital. Mostly I schedule reconstructive breast surgeries (like after breast cancer), but occasionally there will some cosmetic cases that come through (usually because something went wrong or the patient is not happy with the results). This actually happens a lot. So if you think you are going in for one surgery, you may be disappointed because they don't look or feel how you envisioned them.

I think the most important thing to do before planning a completely elective surgery like this is to do your research on the surgeon and figure out exactly what you want. Personally, I would go with the best - even if it's way more expensive and you have to wait over a year to get it done. Do your research and get recommendations from previous clients before even setting up a consultation appointment. Ask to see pictures of the work the surgeon has done, and show the surgeon pictures of what you want. I think being happy with the results is worth the legwork, time and the extra money - no questions asked.

Also be aware of all the potential risks involved - every body is different and will react to surgery in a different way. This being said, I have not had breast surgery, but I do want an augmentation someday. I'm scared of messing with my body and ending up with breasts that I dislike even more than what I have right now. I have had hand surgery in the past and I wish I had left it alone. If I knew the outcome, I would have not had the surgery. So I do hesitate with having breast augmentation, but when I am ready, I will do the proper research and do it right the first time. Good luck!