Counting Calories...Cheat

Options
I have a question about counting calories and whether this would be considered cheating. If I happen to go over my calories one day, I don't log the overage for that day and instead post it on my next day's log. It lowers my allowed calories for the day and I follow the new calorie goal. Is that cheating? Or does it just average itself out and will still induce weight loss.

Replies

• JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I think since you are the one that has lost 40 pounds (congratulations!) that is must be alright!!:bigsmile:
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i think everyday is its own day, because if you look at it, you burn only a certain amount of calories a day. lets say one day you eat more, then those calories you don't need may just be stored by your body. i dont think a couple hundred calories would be devastating though...
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I think since you are the one that has lost 40 pounds (congratulations!) that is must be alright!!:bigsmile:

exactly.
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I expect you'll get mixed answers for this, but personally I don't think so at all. I'd avoid a binge/starve pattern, but if you're only going over & under by 200 or less and it works for you, great!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    who would you be cheating?:wink:
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options

exactly.

i agree too :)
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    People use the zig zag system to eat high and low calories throughout the week. As long as it adds up at at the end of the week I think it's fine. And agree with Amy - you've lost 40 lbs and you must being doing something very right!
  • BrendaKayS
    Options
    In the end I agree with the others - if its' working for you then I would just keep doing what you are doing :) If you have a stall or tough few weeks then you could think about tweaking that but in the end it's not like your body resets at 12 midnight - as long as you are logging I'd think you'd be good :)
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    I've thought about that too, so I just go by the week....My goal is to create a 3500 calorie deficit per week thur calorie restriciton and another 3500 thru exercise 6 times per week...on work days I can only get in about 45 min of cardio ( about 450-500 calories) and on non-working days about 60 minutes about 600 calories ( the extra burned calories make up for the day I don't go to the gym). So I log them but don't eat them so that it balances at the end of the week.
    Did that make sense?!?
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Whiskey...lol...yeah, that made sense. Thanks for the replies! I've used a variety of methods to lose the 40lbs I lost this year. Zig Zagging my calories is an easier one to live with because it allows for those special occasions when you go over just a bit. I don't know why I felt like I was somehow cheating the "system"...what system, I have no idea!! lol Luv this site and all of your support!! xoxo