Foods you can eat a lot of for 100 calories or less?

Options

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm more satisfied by protein and fats so

=two light string cheese sticks

=a scrambled egg with mushrooms

=3 oz. of shrimp with lemon juice or hot sauce

=Oscar Meyer Wiener (light is 90 cal.; classic is 110)

I'm with you. I love raisins but they don't quench hunger pangs. They are the tic-tacs of the fruit world -- sweet, enjoyable, but taken individually quite insubstantial. I eat mine with peanuts. GORP rules.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    1 medium bell pepper, 1 small carrot, 2 stick of celery and 4 tbsp of Oikos cucumber dill Greek yogurt dip is about 100 calories.

16oz skinny latte the way I make it. 1 cup dark roast coffee, shot of sugar free hazelnut syrup. 3/4 cup Kroger carbmaster vanilla skim milk, 4 tbsp whip cream, drizzle of sugar free caramel .

1 1/3 cup of Indian sambhar soup (made of pigeon peas, veggies and spices). I find it extremely filling.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Pickles!
  • lilredred1956
    lilredred1956 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What kind of ice cream sandwich has the lowcals. I am a fool for them
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. You can eat a ridiculous amount.
  • telecoffeesaur
    telecoffeesaur Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been super into rice cakes with hummus lately.

Quaker no/low salt rice cake = 35
    Tribe Hummus, 2 tbsp = 60

I also add on cucumber slices and shredded carrots! It's SUPER good and very low cal for how much you're getting!
  • telecoffeesaur
    telecoffeesaur Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Trader Joe's has mini vegan ice cream sandwiches (vanilla & chocolate) that are absolutely amazing and only 90 calories!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I was looking for the same thing a couple years ago and got a lot of good ideas here...http://greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories.

A couple of my favorite savory snacks under 100 calorie: (1) take a piece of deli turkey and wrap it around an asparagus spear (if they are the really fat ones, I'll split it in 2 and just use the half), a small shaving of cheese and a little slice of tomato. Lots of flavor and very satisfying; (2) layer a few thin deli crackers (or cucumber slices) with a tsp of tzatziki, a small piece of turkey, a shaving of cheese and half a cherry tomato; and (3) roast a frozen bag of okra in a little olive oil. The entire bag is less than 100 calories, and they are really crispy and flavorful roasted.

A sweet favorite: Blend 1/2 a banana, a few strawberries or a 1/4 cup blueberries or raspberries, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla, and a couple cups of ice. Put in freezer for about 1/2 hour or so until it sets up to consistency of soft serve.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SamanthaKayShaver
    SamanthaKayShaver Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Artic Zero has pints for 150 cal. Yes PINTS!

Now quite a few people say these are disgusting, but I don't mind them. I do suggest letting it melt a bit, and it has a much better consistency.

I'm a snacker. I can't eat just 1/2 cup of regular ice cream.
  • AdventureManatee
    AdventureManatee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    55 goldfish = ~1/2 cup is 140 calories.

Popcorn.

Cosmos Creations.

Blueberries, strawberries, etc.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like making Hidden Valley Ranch Dip using fat free sour cream - only 30 calories for 2 tablespoons. You can dip whatever you want in it. I like veggies, pretzel thins, etc.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Most melons are like 34 calories per 100 grams....so you can have roughly 2/3 a pound and still be under 100 calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Most melons are like 34 calories per 100 grams....so you can have roughly 2/3 a pound and still be under 100 calories.
    Great suggestion.
  • stupidme117
    Options
    Popcorn. Depending on what you put on it.
  • tkdgirlms
    tkdgirlms Posts: 73
    Options
    Most veggies. For example, I bought a can of yellow squash and onions. If I eat the entire can, it's only 88 calories.

A whole can of cooked baby carrots is 123 cals.

An entire bag of steamed garlic cauliflower is 140 cals.

I use raw sugar snap peas as vehicles for dips, instead of chips. They're 88 cals for a 7.5 oz. bag. Add some salsa or hummus, and you've got a HUGE tasty snack for relatively few calories.

Wait...canned squash or canned carrots?? Never heard of such!
  • ryantrimble12
    ryantrimble12 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just had a 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese (I prefer lowfat b/c I think its tangier than full fat) for 90 Calories and 14g of protein, and you can eat that with pretty much any fruit or veggie for a pretty filling snack---cucumber, bell pepper slices, carrots, blueberries etc.

The creaminess and the protein are what make it satisfying enough for me :)
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Carrots! I eat little baggies of carrots and I get full on about 50 calories worth.
  • susanlovesfitness
    susanlovesfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OAT FIT Oatmeal in Apple Cinnamon.. 100 calories protein, good carbs with tons of fiber and flax seeds!!!!

Tuna pouch with a brown rice cake- 70 cal for tuna with 12 grams of Protein and no fat

fast grab scallops- 60 calories and 12 grams of Protein

Whey protein shake with PB2- 90 cals for shake add water and pb2 ( hald serving at 25)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow sandwiches are also amazing for about 150 calories...just a few more but worth it. Regarding the reply, I had .25 cup of blueberries today for 21 calories so a whole cup would be quite a bit of blueberries for 100 calories. Also had 10 bing cherries today for 50 calories so 20 cherries would also be a nice 100 calorie snack.