Useless memories.

MrsMills712
MrsMills712 Posts: 350
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
So I thought it would be a fun thread to ask this question:
"What is some useless piece of information that you can remember from your past that serves no real purpose to recall?"

For instance:
I'm 25, but for some reason I can remember the last Barbie doll I ever received before I became too old to play with them. It was Dentist Barbie. She had a button on her back you could push and she would say different phrases. Well, I think I can remember this because there was a day when I was playing Barbies and pulled her out. Her batteries had run down and when her button got pushed the voice that came out sounded low, slow, and demonic. I threw her across the room and never went near her again.

Also:
"Thanks to a senator by the name of Nelson Gaylord, Americans everywhere celebrated the first Earth Day on April 22, 1870....." is an exerpt from a speech I memorized in the 4th grade to deliver at an Earth Day Convocation.

Ok, your turn :)

Replies

• I can't go to youtube at work, but do a search on there for "creepy doll commercials".....your post reminded me of that. I like to taunt my friends with those videos. They love me. No, really they do. LOL
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Thirty days past September, April, June, and November. All the the rest have 31 except for Feb. which has 28 and on leap year 29.

I always thought this was the dumbest poem ever... but it is useful sometimes... :happy:
  • I can't go to youtube at work, but do a search on there for "creepy doll commercials".....your post reminded me of that. I like to taunt my friends with those videos. They love me. No, really they do. LOL

Ok, so obviously I had to hurry and check it out, and Oh My Goodness!! Creepy is RIGHT.
    Especially the one with the growing hair.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    I remember every phone number I've ever had. I don't know why. I'm no good at math, but I cannot forget those stupid numbers. I also had to memorize a poem in ninth grade by Robert Browning and I still remember the first 28 lines. That was ten years ago and I haven't read it since.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    The Marine's Hymn. I learned it in music class in 4th grade & I still remember most of the lyrics. Funny thing is a few weeks ago it was on the TV somewhere random & I broke out in song. My husband looked at me like I was crazy.

"From the Halls of Montezuma..."
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I remember the license plate number of my first car I bought when I was 16. I just turned 57 so that's 41 years ago. It was M7M 616.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I memorized the preamble in song form in I think 1st grade from School House Rock. I also can sing to you how a bill becomes a law from that same show :laugh: :laugh: Sometimes they pop into my head & I feel the need to share the useless memories with whoever is around me. My co-workers hate it.

I'm gonna see if I can find it on youtube now, haven't seen the video since I was widdle :happy:
This discussion has been closed.