Mostly here to lurk

Options
harls
harls Posts: 88 Member
Hello everyone :) I'm Harls, and I'm obviously here to lose weight. Here's a few tidbits about myself:

- I have a carb-tooth. Honestly, anything with tons of carbs is probably one of my favorite foods. (You can see how that became a problem...)
- I am a little bit of a geek, especially when it comes to Batman comics <3
- I sleep way too much, often using "I'm tired" as an excuse not to exercise.
- I'm a Do-It-Yourself, crafty, artistic type of person. I love creating and making and doing... unfortunately, none of those things burn many calories.
- I tend to have a really good week (eating well/exercising) followed by a long period of time where I completely fail and yo-yo my weight.

I'd love to be able to fix these problems. They're mostly "just DO it" things, though, where I need to just get it done and stop procrastinating or something.

Here are some of my goals:
- Be toned and fit (need to lose about 40 lbs)
- Be strong/fit enough to take circus arts classes (I dream about taking the aerial arts classes!)
- Be able to buy clothes without being embarrassed, and consequently being able to WEAR certain clothes without being embarrassed
- Love myself completely

I hope to learn lots of things here and perhaps take in some inspiration :) Though I will probably only lurk.

:)

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There is SO much inspiration on here!!
    Welcome and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!! The mind is very powerful when we utilize it! : )
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's ok if you lurk for a while. I did but everybody here is so friendly and welcoming you will want to join in. :flowerforyou:
  • noble1987
    Options
    At 100 years old - Id say take it easy! lol.:tongue:

Good luck on your journey x
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hahah thanks guys :)