Best and worse fitness gadgets/ accessories of all time?

Options

Replies

• msbizybee
    msbizybee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    shake wieght
    i disagree. get one for your wife and you wont regret it

LMAO
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Fanny Packs...
    isn't a flip belt the same thing as a fanny pak? sort of?

I would say it's a little different from a fanny pack. The belt is elastic and it hugs to your body frame, where the fanny pack is just a huge pocket that sticks out like a sore thumb lol A great thing about the belt is that Keys or whatever you decide to store in the belt's slits don't jingle when you place them in the slits. This is convenient if you run, as carrying things like keys become less of annoyance. Additionally, the way the belt is designed to store items does not interfere with your running style. I can run in an ideal way without having to compensate for a funky storage bulk hanging in front of me like a fanny pack :smile:

"huge pockets...sore thumb" yep that would be my *kitten*. and fat rolls... I'm too big for things to 'hug' my body.. they dig into the rolls. I use the old fashioned pack when I ride a bike, but carry it to the gym to stick under the elliptical. AND it was not easy finding one any more... I had to go to some knock-off korean importer in our strip district.

lol
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Hmm interesting, I was looking for a new belt, so I might take your recommendation. What's with the knee sleeves?

Keeps the joint warm and pain free while training. I recommend them. Hyperforce sells a pair cheaper than the bikg names sell one.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options

Hmm interesting, I was looking for a new belt, so I might take your recommendation. What's with the knee sleeves?

Keeps the joint warm and pain free while training.

Yeah, that too. There's some new ones, "Copper" something... that I'm interested in trying.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    One thing missing from the best- A good old fashioned stopwatch. They are cheap (nice ones will set you back $10), durable, and very useful. Good ones will allow you track splits while running. You can time sprints easy. They are also good for tracking workout times and watching time between sets. Lots of fancier things have stopwatch features and can do the same thing, but a stopwatch is designed to be as convenient as possible while doing those things.
  • rosy_08
    rosy_08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    flip belt could be useful but i find it easy enough to find gym shorts with a pocket or 2

Women's shorts are a lot more difficult to find with pockets, so it may be more useful for women?
  • w734q672
    Options
    One thing missing from the best- A good old fashioned stopwatch. They are cheap (nice ones will set you back $10), durable, and very useful. Good ones will allow you track splits while running. You can time sprints easy. They are also good for tracking workout times and watching time between sets. Lots of fancier things have stopwatch features and can do the same thing, but a stopwatch is designed to be as convenient as possible while doing those things.
    Definitely missing that gadget. Which brand do you recommend?
  • w734q672
    Options
    I totally missed a crucial accessory, compression socks. You can eliminate future blisters on the bottom of your feet by just upgrading the socks you're wearing.
  • vincelaccro
    vincelaccro Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    timex stopwatch are great you don't have to reset the time every week like others cheaper watch I've tried
  • w734q672
    Options
    Which model do you have?
    timex stopwatch are great you don't have to reset the time every week like others cheaper watch I've tried
  • w734q672
    Options
    Bose SIE2 sports headphones
    2zyvtz5.jpg
    I just had to put this on here. Before anybody brings this up, Bose DOES NOT produce the best sound quality in the audio industry. In fact, most of their products are overpriced. However, you don't need the best sound quality in the audio industry for exercising. Plus, the SIE2 sports headphones are properly priced in the in-ear headphones category. The biggest reason why it's going on this list is because of the killer ear mold designs that prevent earphones from popping out. I've tested most in-ear headphones, and no models have comes close to the snug fit that Bose has designed for its SIE2 sports headphones. I have done things from hitting a heavy bag to sprinting like a motha with these in-ear headphones on, and I have never had them fly out of my ear. Besides that, they are sweat proof! I see this as a plus, since I've had a number of headphones ruined by sweat alone. These models also have serious durability, and they'll last if you take care of them. Mine have lasted for a good 2 years already. Bose SIE2 ftw

*If you decide to get one, don't get the SIE2i version. They have this cheap button on the middle of the wire that will break on you fairly easily. My friend got one and the button broke within a month.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Shake weight, but damn it's hot to watch.

Watch this.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    - best
    Inzer's 10mm lever belt
    Knee sleeves
    Bands
    medicine balls
    jumping platforms / boxes

- worst
    all Beach Body exercise videos
    Dr. Oz
    anything sold on infomercials
    HRM's (for the purpose of exercise calorie tracking - stupid & largely inaccurate)
    Jillian Michaels

I've got to disagree on the "all Beach Body exercise videos".
    While I will agree that they're not worth what they charge for them (hence why I love BitTorrents), there are a few gems amongst the rubble. Most of the workouts by Shaun T and Chalene Johnson I think are wastes, but most of the ones by Tony Horton are worth a try.

You can take or leave the Les Mills series, and all of the other ones are kind of "m'eh".

• w734q672
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Shake weight, but damn it's hot to watch.

Watch this.

haha!

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Worst: Ankle and wrist weights. The idea seems good, but they will screw up your joints.

Best: Chinup/pullup bar.
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Haha shake weight I thought of the south park episode as well!!!

Love my foam roller!!
  • w734q672
    Options
    calaz84 wrote: »

Love my foam roller!!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. What brand do you use?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »
    - best
    Inzer's 10mm lever belt
    Knee sleeves
    Bands
    medicine balls
    jumping platforms / boxes

- worst
    all Beach Body exercise videos
    Dr. Oz
    anything sold on infomercials
    HRM's (for the purpose of exercise calorie tracking - stupid & largely inaccurate)
    Jillian Michaels

I've got to disagree on the "all Beach Body exercise videos".
    While I will agree that they're not worth what they charge for them (hence why I love BitTorrents), there are a few gems amongst the rubble. Most of the workouts by Shaun T and Chalene Johnson I think are wastes, but most of the ones by Tony Horton are worth a try.

You can take or leave the Les Mills series, and all of the other ones are kind of "m'eh".

I personally love Shaun T's Insanity and T25. And I do agree that Tony Horton has some good ones as well. P90X3 is really nice and P90X is as well, but I can't go back to working out for 60-90 minutes at 1 time. T25 definitely spoiled me with 30 minute workouts that give results when the hard work is put in.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    w734q672 wrote: »
    calaz84 wrote: »

Love my foam roller!!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. What brand do you use?

Yes, my foam roller is a Godsend.
  • w734q672
    Options
    lol do you know what company made your foam roller?