4th Day Feeling Tired

Jimster1981
Jimster1981 Posts: 30 Member
Hi Guys,

its my 4th day counting calorie intake but from yesterday afternoon I started to feel quite tired, energy-less and my shoulders ache. I am usually okay in the mornings so it starts in the afternoon, right now to be precise.

Any idea how to overcome this quickly? I know its due to the drop in calories(clearly I was eating far too many before).

Thanks

Replies

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    I agree with Cookie. If you are choosing foods that are not full of nutrients you are probably not getting enough to supply your body :) Choose healthier foods to get more out of your calories if you are not already doing so. Also check your suggest calories with MFP again and make sure you are at the right amount of calories for your body. :) You should not feel weak or tired those usually indicate you are on more of a diet than a lifestyle change :) This is about doing something for you and your body that can last forever. If you are feeling weak etc that is not going to be possible :) How many calories are you eating a day how tall/ how much do you way etc etc :)
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    It's common your metabolism dips a little and also agreed with the prior posts that the kind of food you are eating matters too. I experienced the same thing when I got back into it but that was also due to me having horrible sleeping hours. If you are working out as well as dieting, listen to your body and get some more sleep....even if it's a nap here and there. Your body will adjust and you'll start feeling better. Feel free to add me...we all need as much support as we can get!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Open your diary to public if you want specific help.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Hi Guys,

its my 4th day counting calorie intake but from yesterday afternoon I started to feel quite tired, energy-less and my shoulders ache. I am usually okay in the mornings so it starts in the afternoon, right now to be precise.

Any idea how to overcome this quickly? I know its due to the drop in calories(clearly I was eating far too many before).

Thanks

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Your body may be starving for more water - hence the fatigue and lack of energy.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    How many calories are you eating? If you have set your calorie goal too low, that could be an issue. Open your diary so people can give you better guidance.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    If you have just come from a high calorie diet, then it may be easier if you lower down to your goal gradually, e.g. by reducing your intake by 50 cals per day.

What have you set your calorie goal to? It could also be that you have set it too low.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    if you drop too many calories from your regular daily diet at a time, it's hard on your body.