Possible to lose 30lbs and 10% bodyfat in 100 days?

Options
Hi folks, I'm new here.

I want to know if its possible to lose 25lbs to 30lbs in 100 days? Thats j
ust over 3 months in old money. I'm starting off at 193 - 195lbs at 26-27% bodyfat, 40 inch waist at 5ft10.

My goal is to be about 165 - 170lbs and be around/under 18% bodyfat, 34-36 inch waist. So all in all I want to lose 9 to 10% bodyfat and 5 inches off my waist.

I have made a diet plan

Morning: 2 large poached eggs on wholewheat toast
Mid-morning Snack: 50g Almonds, 250ml milk
Lunch: NutriBullet Vegetable and fruit smoothie (2 carrots, 1 apple, 1/2 cup blueberries, 2cm raw ginger, 1/2 cup spinach leaves, 1/2 grapefruit).
Late afternoon snack: 1-2 chicken thighs.
Dinner: Roast pork with steamed cauliflower
Pre-bed snack: Protein shake, cottage cheese, Camobia supplement (capsule), ZMA supplement (capsule), Green Coffee Bean suplement (capsule)

It works out at 1600 - 1700 calories. I will also drink tea/water.

Now exercise plan:

3 days per week with free weights / weight bench (45 mins each)
2 50 mile bicycle rides per week (100 miles total)
2 rest days.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Are you going to eat that every day because it's going to get rather dull. You may be able to lose that in that time but that is pretty aggressive considering your current weight. You also do not need those supplemets as they do nothing but lighten your bank account. You also need to take into account eating your exercise calories back. Do it sensibly do not set yourself a time limit and your more likely to keep it off long term

It would be more sensible to aim for a more sensible 1 pound a week target

Have a look at the linky

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I lost 54 lbs in 90 days with DDP Yoga and clean eating
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35.6 pounds in 60 days. I'm really not sure what percentage of body fat I've lost, since everything would just be a guess for me, anyway. I've lost a little over four inches from my waist, fwiw.

On the flip side, I was -- am -- substantially taller, larger, and heavier than you are, so I don't know that my experience translates very well, but you have almost twice as long to lose less. You're talking about a quarter pound a day, on average, which would be 1.75 pounds per week. Pretty aggressive, but it seems at least feasible, if not advisable.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I started at 93.5kg in December (100+ a year before that) and lost down to 80kg by mid April. BF wise I THINK I was around 25ish at my top, 15.8 this morning.

Lot of Your initial loss will be water, so don't hope for huge BF cut. (someone more educated correct me if I'm wrong)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You don't need those pills. They aren't going to help you lose weight. Ditch the pills for sure.
  • Cynewald
    Cynewald Posts: 25
    Options
    Are you going to eat that every day because it's going to get rather dull. You may be able to lose that in that time but that is pretty aggressive considering your current weight. You also do not need those supplemets as they do nothing but lighten your bank account. You also need to take into account eating your exercise calories back. Do it sensibly do not set yourself a time limit and your more likely to keep it off long term

It would be more sensible to aim for a more sensible 1 pound a week target

Have a look at the linky

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594

Yes I can eat that everyday. It looks good to me. No doubt I will have a cheat meal every 10 days just to keep sane. Maybe pizza or a homemade burger.

So if 1lbs week is best 100days = 14 weeks = 14 pounds?

What about I aim for 1.5lbs per week = 21 pounds in 100days?
  • kstandley123
    kstandley123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27lbs in 4 weeks but I started out more out of shape than you. I would think 1/4 lb a day is doable. Just remember to eat what you exercise so your staying at 1400-1600 net cals a day. A balanced diet is needed too so make sure what you have on your list will get you where you want to be.
  • Cynewald
    Options
    That took you just over 4 months to lose 10% bodyfat. What was your activity level like?

I'm sure I could do it in just over 3 months.
  • Cynewald
    Options
    I started at 93.5kg in December (100+ a year before that) and lost down to 80kg by mid April. BF wise I THINK I was around 25ish at my top, 15.8 this morning.

Lot of Your initial loss will be water, so don't hope for huge BF cut. (someone more educated correct me if I'm wrong)

That took you just over 4 months to lose 10% bodyfat. What was your activity level like?

• hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's possible, sure, but maybe not at your starting point. I lost 34 pounds in 93 days - 25 inches off and went from a BMI or 29.8 to 24.9. 44.7% body fat to 34.4%

But I started out bigger, comparatively. Once I hit about 9 weeks in, my loss slowed to .5-1 lb a week. Then from 11-13 weeks it stalled completely. So I upped my calories and I'm back on the downward slide, but it's still slow-going.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific reason it needs to be in 100 days? If not, why not just eat clean, work out, and let it happen at its own pace? I find that if I put a super-ambitious deadline on myself and then fall short, I end up getting discouraged and tend to quit.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Also I agree that your plan is going to get very old, very fast. And it's not sustainable.

I bought a family pack of pork tenderloins, fed the crew 4 pork meals in a span of 10 days and all they did was complain. We had vegetable and cilantro scrambled eggs over corn tortillas last night and my daughter thanked Jesus in our pre-meal prayer that I hadn't made yet another tenderloin.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Only capsule supplement I agree with there is ZMA as it is good for sleep and recovery (and weird dreams lol). Never heard of the C one and green coffee bean is a scam so ditch it.

Your diet will get really old really fast so I would consider more variety. Also lunch would be preferable to expensive shakes.

Is it possible? Yes. Will it be fun? Hell no, but you can adjust your plan slightly, lose a bit less but still do well and enjoy life during that time.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Also I agree that your plan is going to get very old, very fast. And it's not sustainable.

I bought a family pack of pork tenderloins, fed the crew 4 pork meals in a span of 10 days and all they did was complain. We had vegetable and cilantro scrambled eggs over corn tortillas last night and my daughter thanked Jesus in our pre-meal prayer that I hadn't made yet another tenderloin.
    That's why chicken is so awesome, IMO. Chicken with a cilantro-citrus marinade is almost completely different from one with a chipotle marinade which is different from an herb-roasted chicken. Pork is somewhat the same.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options

BAHHAHAHAHAHAH

My family feels the same way about chicken. I've been banned from cooking chicken for the next month LOL
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I had 45 lbs to lose when I joined. Lost 5 lbs in water weight over 2 weeks. Started a 90 day fitness program where I was working out 6 days a week and lost almost 20 lbs over those 90 days. Between the water weight and those almost 20 lbs, my body was in the healthy weight range.

Since then I've done a different 90 days of workout, and lost 10 lbs.

Weight loss isn't linear. I lost more in the beginning because I had more to lose, and was losing 1.5 lbs per week, then it went down to one pound. Now that I'm about 10 lbs from goal, I'll be lucky to average 0.5 lbs per week. And I do mean average. I'll go two weeks or more with no movement on the scale, then drop a lb. Then two more weeks with no scale movement, and drop 0.5 lb. A few more weeks with no movement, then I might drop 1 lb.

If you are close to goal, you're not going to be showing big losses on the scale every week. It just doesn't work that way. Your body can't handle the large deficits you need to do that and maintain the energy level you need, because there just isn't enough extra fat hanging around to burn.

The sexypants link is a good place to start.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I suspect that might be cutting it a little close in terms of attainability. I started logging at 5'9 265 lbs and have been losing about .5 lbs a day so far at 1700-1900 calories most days increasing the bike rides to about 50 miles a day nearly seven days a week but that is pretty well bound to slow down as eating less would hurt just as much as adding in another hour of biking would (or adding substantially more speed to the rides I already do).

I think the only advice I would offer is to consider not taking (as many) rest days on cardio unless you are actually physically sore. The body was pretty well designed to be moving all the time so taking rest days just because it did what it was supposed to do might be overkill. Clearly weights require rest but even then you can cardio in the morning, eat well and still hit legs in the gym at night.

Anyway, not impossible but when it comes right down to it you'll want to be fit 120 days from now too so setting specific timelines for stuff that may be slightly out of your control (i.e. water weight, injury, slow metabolism) could just invoke a needless feeling of despair when the goals don't line up exactly with reality.

Best of luck though!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Yes. Will it be fun? Hell no, but you can adjust your plan slightly, lose a bit less but still do well and enjoy life during that time.

Perhaps he doesn't equate the enjoyment with life with the enjoyment of food. Not everyone does.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Training for Ultimate frisbee 1-2 times a week and add an occasional cardio 1-2 times a week. Plus we have a now one-year-old. My workouts haven't changed much pre- and post-MFP, I own my success 100% to calorie counting.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but if you eat the same thing everyday you're going to be lacking some vitamins and nutrients your body needs.