Motivational quotes

Options
throw them at me, it can be anything from Socrate's to Rocky.....

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can - the little engine that could (corny but it gets me through alot of runs)

no matter how slow you go you are still lapping the guy on the couch - stole that, don't know where it came from
  • Thor_Girl
    Thor_Girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We can push through anything if we allow ourselves to. It's a mind game. The more doubt we hold the less capable we are of finishing what we started.

Strength on the outside doesn't do too much when you lack strength on the inside.

To appreciate and fully experience the distance you've travelled and the heights you've have climbed you must OPEN YOUR EYES.

Failure is not an option it's a step -- a step to discover how far you can push yourself TODAY with a new goal towards the possibilities tomorrow.

Let today be the day you give up who you have been for who you can become.

It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you get there.

Challenges are what make life interesting - overcoming them is what makes it meaningful.

It's not how good you are it's how good you want to be.

When it comes to making a change in your life, you have to WANT it more than you FEAR it.

Never say never, because limits, just like fears are an illusion.

The only person stopping you is you.

If we never try we never know what we are capable of. It's not about being "the best" but pushing yourself to be the best you can for that day.
  • colleenzlife
    colleenzlife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "Wake up, kick *kitten*, repeat"
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN OR THINK YOU CAN'T... YOU ARE RIGHT~HENRY FORD
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Oh buddy..... I've got an arsenal

Some are fitness and some are kind of relationship

"If you keep running back to the person that you need to walk away from....you'll never create space for better things to arrive."

"You don't have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from you life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employee, childhood friend, or new acquaintance. You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But, if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat yo uin a harmful way, they need to go."

"The only way to succeed is to not worry about what anyone else is doing"

"Be Strong when you are weak, Be Brave when you are scared, Be Humble when you are victorious, BE BADASS EVERYDAY"

"You are not alone and this is not the end of your story"

"Happiness comes from within...that's why it feels good to fart"

Ha ha had to throw the last one in there to break up all the seriousness!!!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I can - the little engine that could (corny but it gets me through alot of runs)

no matter how slow you go you are still lapping the guy on the couch - stole that, don't know where it came from

Mine is similar but from "Finding Nemo" - "Keep swimming. Keep swimming." Of course swimming can be replaced with running, walking, lifting and so on.
  • Thor_Girl
    Options
    Today is a new day / so don't stress about your yesterday / live for your better today.

Don't slow yourself to give into the negativity your mind distracts you with because YOU KNOW you're BETTER than that - STRONGER than that - and fully CAPABLE of reaching your goals.

The days ahead won't always be kind, but that's what makes life worth living with the adventures our spirits crave.

You wake up you want to go back to bed, you dread the gym, dread pushing yourself last your comfort zone -- but you know listening to those negative thoughts in your head, those thoughts that restrict you from reaching your fitness goals and success will only leave you saying "I should have when I had the chance" -- Don't say tomorrow, don't make excuses. It's your life, your future, get there and achieve those goals!!

Sometimes it's better to forget what you FEEL and remember what you DESERVE.

Don't ever let somebody tell you you can't do something. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. If someone can't do something themselves they want to tel you 'you can't do it' -- you want something, go get it. Period.

Everybody has their struggles, though not enough reward themselves with the energy to overcome those obstacles they fear.. Don't let your kind fool you into 'I can't' when you know you are canals you CAN!
  • Thor_Girl
    Options
    I will stop now.... ???????????????????????? ha ha ha
  • KBP1025
    KBP1025 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have several that I keep on my phone. I look at them whenever I need a boast. I got all of them from other people on this board, because this site is filled with great motivators!

Suffer the pain of discipline - or - suffer the pain of regret.

Don't get motivated - get disciplined.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

Don't be disappointed with the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do.

You're not going to get the *kitten* you want by sitting on the *kitten* you have.

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Character is what we do after the emotion of the event has passed.

You can't make temporary changes and expect permanent results.

Being fat is hard. Being thin is hard. Pick your hard.

If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.

I eat to live...I'm not living to eat.

Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

A year from now you will wish you started today.

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.
  • awomaninsane
    awomaninsane Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love all of these you motivational so n' so's :)
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    " And the moral of the story is: WORK!"

Pretty sure that's a lyric from a George Watsky song, but I have it written on the mirror in my bedroom. Sometimes I won't feel like getting my butt up and moving and I'll see that phrase and be like, "'Eff yeah, I'm gunna WORK for it!"
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    "Get busy living, or get busy dying" - Shawshank Redemption. Also saw it on Ed's(?) motivation pictures.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    If your great grandmother wouldn't be able to recognize it...DON'T eat it!
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "What if an apple a day kept the doctor away." Jim Rohm

This quote blew my mind. Are you willing to do the same thing every day to improve your life? It's very simple to do but it only works if you do it every day. It can be exercise, eating right, thinking positively. He also said, "What's easy to do is easy not to do."
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love all of these you motivational so n' so's :)

someone may have already mentioned this one, but my favorite is "nothing changes if nothing changes." this quote helped me make the necessary changes to lead the healthy lifestyle ive always wanted!
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Last > DNF > DNS

Dead last is very much better than "Did Not Finish" which is so much greater than "Did Not Start"