New to this site

Options
I just joined this site a few days ago. I have always struggled with my weight. I have probably been every size under the sun. I have lost weight both in healthy ways and unhealthy ways. I can never seem to keep the weight off because I tend to get lazy after I reach the size I want. I am here to begin with to lose weight for my wedding next year (our date is 11/12/2011). My further goal is to keep the weight off after. I want to lose the weight in a healthy way and to keep up the healthy lifestyle.

A little more about myself... I am 27 and I live in Tallahassee FL. I work a full-time job and I am in school getting my MBA. I graduate in April. Time is a little tight for me.

If anyone lives near me and wants to get together to walk or go to the gym that would be great!

Replies

• rclarke05
    Options
    WELCOME! This is a great site! VERY motivating when you have friends that encourage and support you. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Since I started this I have lost a lot and it is easy with the android phone app. I love being able to go to a store and look up the calories before I buy it and way before I eat it. Lets be friends and we can all help each other out. I work out three times a week and have only been doing tv exercizes for the most part or going to the Y. Look forward to seeing more from you.
  • Mari1969
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It is great. I am in Tampa, Fl. A little far to be workout buddies. But we can be friends on here and support each other. I have sent you a friend request. Good Luck!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site! You have hit the nail on the head though. This is more then just a diet. It should be a lifestyle change. One has to wrap their head around eating right. I think that is the hardest part. I'm slowly getting there and a little crazy about it now since I've only just started out also. Good luck!!!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as well. Just found the site a couple of days ago and am now pretty much addicted!
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome KristyKat. Add me as a friend as I am now addicted to this as well. It is addictive and has to be for all of us to change how and what we eat. Once we see what we are eating and how many more calories that we eat over what is "normal" we start cutting back and figure out early what we can and can't eat.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    excellent point...i totally agree...just being able to see what you are doing right and wrong makes the complete world of difference.