NEW FRIES AT WENDY'S

Options
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101110/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wendy_s_new_fries

THE NEW FRIES HAVE DOUBLE THE SODIUM AND MORE CALORIES THEN THE OLD ONES, CHECK OUT THE ARTICLE.

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Good thing I don't eat fries!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad because the whole reason I go there is for their current fries. Guess they won't get much of my business anymore!
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I heard they are suppose to be making their new fries with sea salt
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    OMG!!!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    They are using sea salt. the calorie add is 10 caloiries and the sodium is going from 350 to 500 mg. They are using skin on russets for the spuds. Don't know if the skin will add fiber or not. Something to think about though. But really, if you're eating fries then you're eating fries, regardlessof a few calories and mg of sodium.
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    We're in one of the test markets. They showed up about six or eight months ago. I ate them twice (once because I didnt know they changed and twice because I didnt beleive they were THAT bad). I've only had fast food about four times since the 'change' but each time I refused Wendy's because if I'm going to eat fries I want to like them! :)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    so glad I stay away from fries! I like my sweet potatoe fries that I make at home :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!
  • PocketNaomi
    Options
    I never liked the old Wendy's fries all that much. I like McDonalds' better, and Nathan's best of all, but can't get those here in Seattle; AFAIK Nathan's, which started out as a Coney Island hot dog stand, is only on the east coast.

If anyone knows of a Nathan's near Seattle... well, I was going to say please tell me, but I've changed my mind, Please don't, until I finish this diet! I don't need the temptation!
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    so glad I stay away from fries! I like my sweet potatoe fries that I make at home :)

Ohhh...how do you do that??? I <3 sweet potato fries!!
  • dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

If anyone knows of a Nathan's near Seattle... well, I was going to say please tell me, but I've changed my mind, Please don't, until I finish this diet! I don't need the temptation!

I have a Nathans in my town here in CA. Never been there.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ish, I didn't know that. But I did know that the Domino's new pizza crust sent my BP sky high and I don't normally have high BP! It's very very salty now.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight and eat healthy stay far away from any fast food. You can have a burger and fries at home with a lot less calories and fat and you can monitor your own salt. I haven't had fast food in 2 months and I don't miss it at all.

Subway really disappointed me:

FOOD CHEMICALS: SUBWAY SANDWICHES SECRET INGREDIENTS…HFCS and FERTILIZER

________
    Subway Sandwiches’ Secret Ingredient: High Fructose Corn Syrup

Think you’re doing yourself a favor by eating at Subway? Think again.

Your nine-grain bread is a fake. What you’re really downing is a bunch of high fructose corn syrup and…get this…plant fertilizer.

Over at Slashfood today, Nichol Nelson broke down what your Subway sandwich really means. And it’s not pretty.

For starters, the “nine” grains in the bread are technically in there, but that doesn’t mean you’re getting much of them. In fact, they make up less than 2 percent of the ingredients.Just like white bread, the nine grain bread at Subway is mostly…white flour. Beyond white flour, there is more high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in the bread than the “grains” it’s named after. (If you don’t know what HFCS can do to your bod, check out this TakePart post.)

With all that white flour, how’d the bread get to be so golden brown? Well, with the help of a little compound called ammonium sulfate, added to nourish the yeast until it turns the same shade as Paris Hilton. But at what health cost does your bread look good?

Ammonium sulfate is also in plant fertilizer*. That can’t be good. Kind of makes you worry for Subway dieter Jared’s digestive tract…

___

(Source: http://www.takepart.com/news/2010/06/23/subway-sandwiches-not-as-good-as-you-think
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Ish, I didn't know that. But I did know that the Domino's new pizza crust sent my BP sky high and I don't normally have high BP! It's very very salty now.

I don't like the new Domino's crust. I liked the old crust.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where you can get a "bag" of fat and cholestrol? F it, just hook me up to an IV with fat, sodium and cholestrol and be done with it. Welcome to the USA, the country that encourages you eat yourself to death.