So...Who bought5 ab-rollers 20 yrs ago....who actuall used t

Charlie001
Charlie001 Posts: 354
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I bought, did not use.

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    LOL I remember when my mom bought that and it never got used at all!! I think it is probably still sitting in the basement in the same place it was when I left home 12 years ago.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    I actually wanted one and received one for Christmas and I'll admit, I used it for a month or two, then it lived in the back of my closet until a few years ago when it moved to the dumpster never to be seen again:bigsmile:
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    we had the Ab Flexer thingy back when i was a teenager and I remember using it a few times and thinking, why don't my abs feel like they're even getting a workout???
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Haha, I had one and used the thing until it broke. It was more fun than an actual workout, though.
  • Haha, I had one and used the thing until it broke. It was more fun than an actual workout, though.

Hmmmmm.....were you using it....right?
  • Didn't buy one but inherited one. We took it apart and added 30 pounds of weight to it...let me tell you...that works well! My husband and I lost quite a bit of belly fat just using that. (Oh and my husband cut the soda!)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    I had bought an ab-roller from Kohl's while i was working there and was in the midst of getting my weight down and it actually helped a bit. I had to stop using it when my daughter was starting to crawl around because when she saw me laying on the floor she assumed it was time to climb on Daddy and play. We sold it about 5 years ago in a yard sale. It actually wasn't that bad of a tool when i was using it, it was just a matter of using it on top of other exercises and not relying on that alone.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Haha, I had one and used the thing until it broke. It was more fun than an actual workout, though.

Hmmmmm.....were you using it....right?

Yeah, I used it. It didn't do anything for me except make my arms sore cause you are up in plank position and moving forward. My abs did not get a good workout at all. And if you were overweight like I was, the internal strap which made the resistance tended to snap under pressure.

To be perfectly honest, none of those stupid gadget thingies ever worked for me. It was changing my diet and real exercise that worked.
This discussion has been closed.