New Wardrobe ... New Me!

Options

Replies

• cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    As requested ... Here are some Before and After pics ...

This was in August of last year, at my sister & law's wedding:
    mebefore.jpg

And this was taken just moments ago:
    21d7217a-1-1.jpg
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! Chris, look at youuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! wooot woooo!!

Your new shirt and trousers look so cool on you! You will definitely get that promotion, like it or not! :laugh:

The best thing about losing weight for me, is CLOTHES!!! I love them!! Love looking good, love feeeling good!

Here's to your future shopping trips!! :bigsmile:

Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    fantastic. we're in the same boat. i'm in the process of replacing my clothes. :smile:

excelllent work chris!
  • MrsMartin2
    MrsMartin2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great story, I loved reading it. I am so happy for you!! You look WONDERFUL...and the clothes look nice too;)
  • nilisabel
    Options
    Congrats! Your confidence is inspirational. I have never managed to make my thin clothes stick and have spent waaay more money buying fat clothes than thin clothes. I have a hard time with attention as well. But your story and the way you respond to attention makes me realize maybe I can take a page out of your book and deal with it better myself. I really can't wait until my turn comes around to buy my cute clothes (hopefully in time for my birthday this year). Who knows? Maybe with an attitude change about attention, I too can win this weight war!
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    Damn! Look'n good!! Keep it up! I love that you and your wife are working towards this together. It makes all the difference to have that support.
  • dwalden
    dwalden Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I definitely know the feeling. Over the past year I have gone from a tight size 40 to a comfortable 34. I have gotten more stylish in my clothing, having to do the shopping trip as well. I decided to go all out and shorten my hair and shave off my mustache. A completely different look. I kept hearing how I was going through a mid-life crisis. I kept telling everyone it is just a new level of self confidence. It is amazing the amount of impact a minor change can have on your life.

Keep up the great work. It only gets better form here.
  • natsab76
    Options
    Very inspiring story! Congrats Chris! You look amazing!! So healthy and happy :) Great to see!
  • Joscelle
    Options
    Just think of all the xylophones that could have been spelled with all those wasted X's! It's tragic really.

Dude - LOL! You crack me up. Good job and congratulations!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Well written! I enjoyed the man's perspective of cloth shopping. I have been avoiding cloth shopping too, trying to strech it out till I am closer to my goal weight. You look fantastic in your photo, and the confidence is showing. I am so proud of you. Thanks for posting.
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    You look about ten years younger now.. well done... :)

I've recently been out and bought a load of clothes too, but then I've had to do that a couple of times over the last eleven months as I've been losing weight (still have a looooooong way to go).

I got to the stage last week where I felt that I'd done so well I went out and got my teeth whitened, and my hair cut and dyed. I'm not having a mid life crisis; it's just that I now feel more worthy of being noticed. I don't have to try and hide my bulk anymore.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Way to go! What a great story :). I can't wait til I get there.:smile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Clothes that fit make SUCH a difference. Please post some pics of your fierceness :)

Charmagne
  • doris_day
    Options
    You look like a totally different person, and might I add - you look 10 years younger! Good for you. Thanks for posting the pic too - really inspirational. You'll have to post some pics of your new duds.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Chris, I'm so delighted for you, that's wonderful. What a great story, don't worry when you do get to your goal you'll lbe busy maintaining, you won't be bored. You look very smart in your new clothes.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    you are such an inspiration. lots of hard works with a handsome reward :flowerforyou:
  • turbojanem
    Options
    AWESOME! thank you for sharing. sharing your story will encourage others.

i got to go shopping today. i was in the same boat as you are...i NEEDED to. over the last week i have bought some pieces that should take me through the winter. Feb 1st, 2010 i was in a size 18/xl. now i am in a 10/medium. a belt doesn't even hold up my jeans from last year. any my t-shirts are like dresses.

congrats on your weight loss!
    Jane
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You were my first friend here, and my first inspiration! You have helped me make it down this long road. I am so proud of the job you have done, and how you keep pushing on and on. You look AWESOME! My mfp's love is going out to you! Can't wait to see the new clothes pics!
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your story and your before & after pictures, very inspirational!!
  • mtegio
    mtegio Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've been getting into old clothes that I haven't worn for years. I'm comfortably into 42's and getting into some 40's (I started at 48). I can't wait to get to the new wardrobe stage like you. just a couple more sizes to go, like say when I get to 38! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!