Any other Advocare Enthusiasts?

Options
2»

Replies

• natalie8313
    natalie8313 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. The fiber drink hurts my feelings. LOL. Luckily you only have to do it 6 days out of the total 24 and there are some days in between. I have heard good things about Advocare from a number of friends who have done the challenge. Every one of them had great success. I'm looking forward to the fact it's teaching me how to eat. I'm not looking forward to all the vitamins starting the 11th day though.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm overall skeptical of these things and don't really believe in cleanses, but I really credit the cleanse, whether it was the high amount of fiber, the probiotics, or the "herbal cleanse" pills to get me "regular" after having my child. Sorry if TMI, but I was having issues throughout pregnancy and over a year after having my son. I did the cleanse and within the first few days there was a huge difference. I did my own cost comparison and when you see the cost per gram of Fiber, Advocare is not that much more expensive then metamucil packets and all brands of probiotics seem to be expensive. I also know it wasn't the foods because I ate similarly to how I did before. I did have better results while taking the supplements in the challenge then prior to it.

I don't use any of the other products currently but I love Spark. Initially it does seem expensive, but definitely cheaper than Starbucks or other energy drinks. I'm getting a variety box soon but out of the ones I've tried, fruit punch is my FAVORITE, then pomegranate, mango strawberry, green apple, and last pink lemonade.

Like I said, I'm skeptical of things, but Advocare sells supplements, not wraps that burn fat, magic pink drinks, or shakes claiming to be filled with "superfoods".
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm overall skeptical of these things and don't really believe in cleanses, but I really credit the cleanse, whether it was the high amount of fiber, the probiotics, or the "herbal cleanse" pills to get me "regular" after having my child. Sorry if TMI, but I was having issues throughout pregnancy and over a year after having my son. I did the cleanse and within the first few days there was a huge difference. I did my own cost comparison and when you see the cost per gram of Fiber, Advocare is not that much more expensive then metamucil packets and all brands of probiotics seem to be expensive. I also know it wasn't the foods because I ate similarly to how I did before. I did have better results while taking the supplements in the challenge then prior to it.

I don't use any of the other products currently but I love Spark. Initially it does seem expensive, but definitely cheaper than Starbucks or other energy drinks. I'm getting a variety box soon but out of the ones I've tried, fruit punch is my FAVORITE, then pomegranate, mango strawberry, green apple, and last pink lemonade.

Like I said, I'm skeptical of things, but Advocare sells supplements, not wraps that burn fat, magic pink drinks, or shakes claiming to be filled with "superfoods".

How are you getting a variety box?! I wish they sold one.
  • Thickivory
    Thickivory Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Advocare has been the best thing in my life. I started it in the beginning of 2012. By August of 2013 I went from 247 lbs down to 203lbs and lost over 11inches from my waist and still using the products today. I have started weight lifting and using the recovery has helped out on soreness and helps build mass. I'm stronger, leaner, and better then I have ever been since high school. If you haven't tried it, you gotta do it!!:)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that I'm making money the hard way.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

24-Day challenge... Price: $190.25

You and me both.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

We've already had this discussion.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

People are always asking me what my secret is, then they look all disappointed and genuinely let down when I tell them "exercise and eating properly." It's like they're hoping for me to say something like "Advocare." One day I'll sell out my principles of tough love and working hard and be a huckster for this crap. And I'll be a diamond level whatever they call it and travel the world on the backs of the uninformed. One day...
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

You and me both.

Do you have to buy real food on top of that, or is that for all the mystery cleanse products you're allowed to eat in 24 days?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

People are always asking me what my secret is, then they look all disappointed and genuinely let down when I tell them "exercise and eating properly." It's like they're hoping for me to say something like "Advocare." One day I'll sell out my principles of tough love and working hard and be a huckster for this crap. And I'll be a diamond level whatever they call it and travel the world on the backs of the uninformed. One day...

Some companies, such as Advocare and BeachBody, remembered the PT Barnum maxim about a sucker born every minute and take full advantage.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

You and me both.

Do you have to buy real food on top of that, or is that for all the mystery cleanse products you're allowed to eat in 24 days?

I don't know. I saw the price and closed the webpage.
    I bet you need food, because that thing comes in a box... You can't live out of that box content for 24 days...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

We'll call it the Military Soup Diet.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Advocare before and I'm curious: So many commenters here are saying that these shake things help them learn healthy eating habits. I'm just wondering how that happens. How does replacing a meal with a fake milkshake teach you healthier eating habits? Do you spend the 24 days researching how to make a healthy meal, and then at the end of the challenge, you start doing that? Or do you have to drink weird milkshakes for the rest of your life?

I'm just unclear how this program "jumpstarts" a healthy lifestyle. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to start eating a little less food every day?

Can any of the Advocare enthusiasts explain it to me? What is the process of learning healthier habits? Thanks. :smile:
  • thatshott65
    thatshott65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think when people spend the money on the challenge they become more serious about learning better habits. I myself needed that "jump start" and it did help me get more serious about my weight loss. It teaches you better habits, because there is a guideline and recipes that you can follow. As for the fake milkshake, its just one meal replacement drink for the last part of the challenge. I know companies like herbalife do have two shakes a day with one regular meal, which to me seems a little extreme. I dont think im an advocare extremist or anything but i definitely have had great success with it, but its not for everyone.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If it worked in 'learning new eating habits' then why are people needing to do more than 1 programme or need to keep going back to it?

I'm trying to think up a way of marketing 'eat less, move more and have a little of what you fancy' in a way that means I can charge, and people will pay, ridiculous amounts of money. Once I do, my well funded early retirement will within site :wink:
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options

You and me both.

I don't know. I saw the price and closed the webpage.
    I bet you need food, because that thing comes in a box... You can't live out of that box content for 24 days...

What if it's a box full of apples!?!

The apple diet lives forever!!!