Anyone with an SO in the military?

Options
My boyfriend is a marine, and I haven't seen him for six months now. I go weeks without hearing from him, and miss him a lot. Instead of turning to food for comfort, I've decided to shed the weight that has snuck up on me over the past few years. I want to surprise him when he gets home!

Anyone else in the same situation as I am? It would be great to have the support from people who know what it's like to be away from their SO for long amounts of time and also trying to lose weight. If so, friend me!

Thanks,

Boobie Trap

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Kinda....my only child, whom I raised alone, leaves for the USAF in a few weeks. I would love for him to have a healthier mom by BMT grad & maybe even a fit one by the end if tech school...
    We could sure keep one another going strong...
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a marine, and I haven't seen him for six months now. I go weeks without hearing from him, and miss him a lot. Instead of turning to food for comfort, I've decided to shed the weight that has snuck up on me over the past few years. I want to surprise him when he gets home!

Anyone else in the same situation as I am? It would be great to have the support from people who know what it's like to be away from their SO for long amounts of time and also trying to lose weight. If so, friend me!

Thanks,

Boobie Trap

I also have an SO in the Marines. My fiance left for boot camp a few days ago and I'm doing all of this for him. I'd be happy to friend you and keep in touch so we can help each other out :)
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    A number of women love to shed the weight when their men are gone in the service to lure in a Jody.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I remember boot camp! It wasn't fun, but letters helped. You don't get much from him, but he told me how much getting letters from me really helped him along. So write him as often as you can! I would love to friend both of you guys. I just found out he's going to be gone for another month without a way to contact me, and I was kinda sad. It'll be nice to have some people who understand so I don't turn to food, I turn to support from friends! :)
  • Boobietrap1337
    Options
    That's not something my marine has to worry about.
  • thavoice
    Options
    Said every spouse/gf.......
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    Options

You clearly had a bad experience and I'm sorry about that. But, not all women are the same and not all of us are looking for a Jody :)

I actually can't stomach the image of me being with someone else. I adore my fiance; we're highschool sweethearts since freshman year and now we're out to start our lives. There ARE some good women out there, I promise :)
  • thavoice
    Options

You clearly had a bad experience and I'm sorry about that. But, not all women are the same and not all of us are looking for a Jody :)

I actually can't stomach the image of me being with someone else. I adore my fiance; we're highschool sweethearts since freshman year and now we're out to start our lives. There ARE some good women out there, I promise :)
    No, actually I have not had a bad experience. I have a very loving wife who stands by me.

Just from experience of having many, many, many buddies who have had their wives step out on them while they were out in training and deployed.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    Options

No, actually I have not had a bad experience.

Just from experience of having many, many, many buddies who have had their wives step out on them while they were out in training and deployed.

Obviously those aren't the type of women you or your buddies should be around. I actually feel BAD for them. I mean, you've got to have something wrong with you if you'd cheat on anyone, much less someone fighting for your country and protecting you.
    Welp, have a good evening!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Options
    There are plenty of marines that aren't faithful to the women staying at home as well, but I'm not crapping all over someone's plans on improving themselves while a loved one is away.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    My husband did 8 years in the Army, he got released 2 years ago next month.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A number of women love to shed the weight when their men are gone in the service to lure in a Jody.

A "Jody"? I'm assuming that means boyfriend on the side. Yeah, for learning new things!
  • thavoice
    Options
    There are plenty of marines that aren't faithful to the women staying at home as well, but I'm not crapping all over someone's plans on improving themselves while a loved one is away.
    Hey, just saying lots of ladies at home want to slim down for Jody...take it however you would like.

GF's come and go for soldiers. Often. There is very little commitment when someone is just a girflriend, or even a fiance.

Those are the ones that decide they cannot take it and leave before it gets real and a marriage is involved.

Goodluck though...Just realize that however many ladies post on this thread about having a SO in the military that well, well over half of them wont be with their soldiers in a couple of years.

Just tellin' ya how it is.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hey, just saying lots of ladies at home want to slim down for Jody...take it however you would like.

GF's come and go for soldiers. Often. There is very little commitment when someone is just a girflriend, or even a fiance.

Those are the ones that decide they cannot take it and leave before it gets real and a marriage is involved.

Goodluck though...Just realize that however many ladies post on this thread about having a SO in the military that well, well over half of them wont be with their soldiers in a couple of years.

And how is that different from...you know. All relationships?
  • Boobietrap1337
    Options
    That's exactly what I was thinking. No different then any other relationship. I'm sorry you're questioning my motives, but your opinion doesn't really matter.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I was thinking. No different then any other relationship. I'm sorry you're questioning my motives, but your opinion doesn't really matter.

I'd even go so far as to say that 50/50 odds (considering we're talking people who are dating, engaged, and married) are better than average. Hell even 40/60 odds is probably better than the average relationship's chance of success or failure. I mean I've seriously dated 4 guys in my life (married now) so my success rate is 25/75. If I'd known dating military would give me 50/50 odds I would have done that from the get go.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    My ex went to West Point and is now in the Army. When he was at boot camp, we went weeks without communication. Communication was limited the whole 4 years he was at West Point due to the strict rules in regards to visitation. Particularly because he played soccer for them, I heard from him even less as he was very busy with practice and games.

It's one of the hardest things not being able to talk to your SO. You just have to keep reminding yourself that he will be home soon and cherish every moment with him when he does come home! And of course think about the look on his face when he sees you X amount of pounds lighter!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

is your name debbie?
  • Zodia81
    Zodia81 Posts: 43
    Options
    Me! My husband is in the army and we are currently stationed in Hawaii. I will send you a friends request :)