Romance Shmomance...

Options
Does anyone else ever feel like it's so sad when romance goes flying out the window? My boyfriend, Jason, has always been pretty good about it, but lately, I sort of feel like when he does do something, he sort of kills it by bragging about it, ie: "You love it? I knew you would. I'm a great boyfriend. Don't you think I'm a great boyfriend?" so it makes me wonder if who he's actually doing things for... me or himself. I feel like I go to great lengths to do the little things... notes, dinners, laying out his clothes, etc... but they are rarely noticed and his gestures are typically generated by money.

And sex? Puh-leez. I'm not the super snuggly type of girl, but jeez... when did romance totally evaporate from that situation. He talks sometimes and I feel like I'm hearing someone read Penthouse Forum. I have to remind him that I'm still a girl... we play video games together and we thumb wrestle and we love watching sports together, but the fastest way to diffuse a heated situation is to talk to me like I'm on a street corner.

Anyhoo... just venting. It has put me in a weird mood today.

Replies

• sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You should definitely read The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. We all express love in different ways, and none is better than another, just different. From your post, I'd say his "love language" is gift giving. Yours is acts of service. Well worth the read.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You should definitely read The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. We all express love in different ways, and none is better than another, just different. From your post, I'd say his "love language" is gift giving. Yours is acts of service. Well worth the read.

I actually have heard of that and have meaning to get it for some time!! Perhaps it would help. Thank you so much!!!
  • cghiggins518
    cghiggins518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You need to make your boyfriend read that book. It will open his eyes.