Anyone Zumba?

Options
I've heard good things about Zumba and I'm tempted to order the DVD's for it but don't want to waste my money. I lost a lot of weight in high school doing a dance exercise program so I'm thinking it'll be fun and might do the trick this time too. Anyone have it and love it? Or hate it? let me know what you think.

Replies

• zumba66girl
    Options
    I have the DVD's and also take the classes at the Y twice a week.....ZUMBA is awesome.
  • mmontague23
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I go to classes they hold at my gym like three times a week. Its a big motivator and so fun! You don't even realize your working out :)
  • briannagolden
    Options
    I've done it once with a group and LOVED it. Now I have preopdered it for the Wii. I don't have the dvds, did the class at Relay for Life this year. Really pumps you up!
    Enjoy it!!
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    I love the classes at my gym. It's so motivating to do it with a fun group of women. We really get into it. I'm not sure what the DVDs are like. Good luck!
  • mixmistress508
    Options
    I don't have the DVDs, but I take a Zumba class twice a week and I LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun and a great workout. If you love to dance, you'll love Zumba!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I will proudly admit that I am a Zumba addict! I take it three times a week at my local Y...and cannot get enough of it. I haven't tried any of the DVDs, but the classes are sooooo much fun. For me, I burn at least 500 in an hour class.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I will agree with everyone. I don't have the dvd's but I take a class 2x a week and absolutely love it!!! I would do it every day if I could!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD's and go to class at a dance studio, I would recommend using your money to pay for classes at a GYM, Y, dance studio etc. I just feel like I get so much more out of the classes than I do the DVD's. I love going to class.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    What exactly is Zumba?
  • flossicle
    Options
    I go 3 times a week and i love it..come out dripping in sweat n thoroughly shattered but it's so much fun and a good exercise too!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I own two Dvd set of ZUmba (Latin Dance Zumba & Total Body Transformation) and LOVE them:)
  • momsdumplin
    momsdumplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zumba on the Wii?!?! Tell me more please!!!
  • curtisl
    Options
    I also would take zumba 3 times a week if I could. It really makes you sweat and tone. I am 48, and am moving better than I have in years. It is a style of dance that is centered around fitness and fun music. You can make most of the moves easier or harder. Lots of salsa, twisting, reaching, hips. Need to keep your core tight for the most benefit. Very fun. Are you thinking of trying it KristyKat??
  • sudha336
    sudha336 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! has anyone lost any pounds on Zumba? I might buy it to add variety to my workout.
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    I take a class and love it!
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I borrowed the dvd's from a friend and fell in love with Zumba. I just ordered my own set of dvds yesterday. I can't wait to receive them! I've yet to try a live class, but I plan to in the very near future. I work at a University that offers the classes twice a week.
  • Barbara1974
    Options
    I have the DVDs I love it!! I actually get up at 5am to do it before work and them I do it again after dinner. I definitely recommend it!!
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i had a DVD, and i liked it, but i could not do it. I just could not keep up and do the moves! So i gave it to my sister, she loves it! I am not co-ordinated.
  • carnival31
    carnival31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Zumba comes out on the Wii tommorow......woo hoo!!
  • AmyShip
    Options
    LOVE Zumba!!. I take a class through my local rec center and just ordered the Dvd's. It is sooo much fun!! and a great workout!