HUNGER - PLEASE HELP

Options
so im on this weight loss journey as i gained weight at university, i started dieting and working out about a month ago but noticed slowly in the past few days my appetite has died out, i can each a mouth full of something and i dont want anymore. i still eat healthy but its very light stuff, i love food but just dont have the appetite or want to eat anything tbh. I dont want anyone to get the wrong message thinking im not eating, and i usually go to the gym 6-7 times a week between 1.30 and 2 hours a session.

example of my eating for the last two days
Weds breakfast- yoghurt no fat
lunch- sushi and a fruit smoothie
dinner- lots of watermelon
snack- cherries and raisins
drank few cups of green tea and constantly drinking water

Today- breakfast nothing- went to the gym for 2 hours soon as i got up
after gym - apple
lunch- 1 slice of brown bread with turkey and lettuce
dinner- greek yoghurt,cucumber, few slices of turkey and like 2 mouthfuls of pasta
snack- cherries and nuts
lots of green tea and water throughout the day

will eating like this hold me back? my aim is 2-3 pounds a week

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    so im on this weight loss journey as i gained weight at university, i started dieting and working out about a month ago but noticed slowly in the past few days my appetite has died out, i can each a mouth full of something and i dont want anymore. i still eat healthy but its very light stuff and usually go to the gym 6-7 times a week between 1.30 and 2 hours a session.

example of my eating for the last two days
    Weds breakfast- yoghurt no fat
    lunch- sushi and a fruit smoothie
    dinner- lots of watermelon
    snack- cherries and raisins
    drank few cups of green tea and constantly drinking water

Today- breakfast nothing- went to the gym for 2 hours soon as i got up
    after gym - apple
    lunch- 1 slice of brown bread with turkey and lettuce
    dinner- greek yoghurt,cucumber, few slices of turkey and like 2 mouthfuls of pasta
    snack- cherries and nuts
    lots of green tea and water throughout the day

will eating like this hold me back? my aim is 2-3 pounds a week

Your goal of 2-3 lbs a week is completely unrealistic for someone with only a small amount to lose. You're not doing yourself any favors by not eating either.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you are doing this all for fitness than I think your journey is very counter productive! Eat more! You will lose muscle and your body does not get enough nutrition for its basic tasks. What you are doing could potentially ruin your health.
    Stef.
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would say you can increase your intake of veggies if working out for a long session. Plus regarding to your legs, high reps in a range of 10-15 about 3-4 sets will help to get tone.
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    as other people have said 2-3lbs per week is way too much and you need to eat more. Especially when you're doing so much exercise or you're going to damage your health and gain the weight back +more when you go back to eating a reasonable amount of food as your body clings on to every calorie incase you start starving it again.