15 + pound weight gain 4.5 days of binge

Last Saturday, had a huge sports competetion that lasted approx 6 hours.... Then began the drinking and binging.

sat night: drank

sun , mon, tues , wed : 5-6kcal/day of pizza and junk food. Vacation so ate and rolled in bed all day. 0 exercise :)

Thursday morning : weigh in --> OMFG ( 15 pounds heavier)

Regularly weighed 106.5kg ... Then measured in at 113.5kg. (7kg or approx 15lbs heavier).

I'm usually about 106.5kg(235lbs) morning weight and bf is in the low 20's.
I workout rigorously about 6 times/week for 1-2 hours a day, sometimes twice a day.

I normally consume about 200-250g / protein a day through shakes, chicken, meat.

RECENT CHANGES:

purple k(creatine) 4 pills before workout, 4 pills after ( total 6g/day)

beta alanine : 4-5g pre workout

multi vitamin: GNC men's --> 1 - 2 / day

Fish oil : 6g/day(about 12 pills )

L-glutamin: two scoops w/ protein

Promasil rivalus whey protein : two scoops after workout w/ L-glutamin

I know most of 15 lbs is water weight... but why so much? recent changes are fish oil, purple k, beta alanine. I was 106.5kg until sat morning.

Possible to gain close to 20lbs in water weight ????

Replies

• cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Sounds like super high sodium for at least 3 day AND creatine can pull water into your muscles (sort of).
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    more carbs then usual, more sodium, creatine. sure is possible, but it's not like it will be hard to lose.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    To gain 15 pounds in a few days you would have to eat or drink an additional 52,500 calories, time to check your scale I would think.
  • Smokey705
    Smokey705 Posts: 35 Member
    To gain 15 pounds in a few days you would have to eat or drink an additional 52,500 calories, time to check your scale I would think.

Nothing wrong with the scale, it is the sodium in all that pizza and wings you been eating. Combine that with all the carbs maxing out your glycogen levels that also add a few pounds in water. This happened to me before and only advise I can give is to ignore the scale for a week and go back to your regular training.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    I guess my body's like a sponge? I've gained 10 lbs before from water weight but never 15 - 20...

I'm sure some of it's fat (4 lbs?) but still that's a lot of water weight.
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    If you're binging so much you feel ill then two pounds a day of fat is possible (having done it myself). If you didn't spend time sitting in the bathroom close to throwing up, then you probably didn't eat enough to put on that much. I don't know about all those strange things you're taking though.
  • lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    If you're binging so much you feel ill then two pounds a day of fat is possible (having done it myself). If you didn't spend time sitting in the bathroom close to throwing up, then you probably didn't eat enough to put on that much. I don't know about all those strange things you're taking though.
    What the hell?

I lost a stone once on 750 calories a day and put it all back on again in about a week or two at most. (I know it was stupid, I'm just pointing out it's possible)