Amazing tasting Low budget ice cream please!

Options
2»

Replies

• gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Archer Farms Gelato from Target.
    Although my all time favorite gelato is by a local high-end creamery that charges like $10-12/pint. I make each one last at least a month though.
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an Edy's fan as well :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Bluebell. But it won't live up to the quality of the expensive stuff. No way no how. But for cheap ice cream, it beats the heck out of Breyer's 'frozen dairy treat' or whatever they have to call it since it isn't real ice cream anymore.

tried it once- hated it.

to expensive for tasting like crap.

I like turkey hill no sugar added- 120 calories for moosetracks. win win- usually on sale for 2.50
    Slow churned Edy's is a win aslo- between 2.50-4$

I hate paying more than 3$ for ice cream-makes me crazy.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I cannot bear 1 week without Talenti ... Nuh-uh!

6p1001.jpgvzyfd.jpg

Agree@Talenti Sea Salt Caramel ...Although, I pretty much love all flavors ~ never crossed one I loathed. :)

elceh3.jpg2cmn22f.jpg

Bought 20 of this New Breyers Tiramisu Gelato ~ had a promo going@Walmart with a coupon, so I bought a lot ~ paid under $3 for each one. And it's pretty good. A little sweet, but hits all the notes it needs to. :)

30ii2va.jpg2hoy1cp.jpg

**Apologies for the large pics.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas. It has the same consistency as ice cream. Bananas are also obviously cheap. You can also add vanilla extract to make it taste vanilla (trust me you probably wont notice the banana). I like putting some cocoa in it and then throwing mints in it.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas. It has the same consistency as ice cream. Bananas are also obviously cheap. You can also add vanilla extract to make it taste vanilla (trust me you probably wont notice the banana). I like putting some cocoa in it and then throwing mints in it.

I'm actually going to try this, since I've gone vegan, but bananas aren't nearly as cheap as I wish they were!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

No it's not the same consistency of ice cream. A real ice cream lover would string you up for claiming that LOL!

But having said that, yes, frozen bananas rock so hard. I like to have frozen slices with peanuts and raisins. A total win.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Talenti has been on sale at $3 a pint here... I bought 5. Too bad Target doesn't have sales though, as the hazelnut one is my favorite.