Any shorties (5 ft) able to lose at more than 1200 calories?

Options
How are you doing it? I have the fitbit and even with 10,000 steps I am only burning 1350 to 1400 calories a day. I exercise 3/4 times a week for an hour and can get another 200-300 calories on those days but any time I've gone above 1200 calories/day I maintain or inch up a lb or 2.

I feel so limited only being able to eat so few calories but would love to lose those last 5 lbs.

Any super petite ladies able to lose on more? I am 4'11", 112 lbs, 39 years old.

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I found these numbers for you:

There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1237 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?
    Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Tools we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level Daily Calories
    Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) 1475
    Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 1690
    Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 1905
    Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) 2120
    Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) 2335

what is your goal weight tho? 112 is already in a very fit/healthy range for you. Maybe you're just looking to change your body shape? Are you weight training already? That is what I would recommend for someone with your stats.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE (aka your maintenance calories)—way more accurate than any online calculator. Set your goal to .5 lb., per week, connect your accounts, and be patient.

I'm 5'2", and my Fitbit burn is 1,350 on couch potato days—so 1,200 calories is only a 150-calorie deficit. I lost way more slowly than most MFPers (30 lbs. in a year & a half). My only consolation is that even a small loss shows when you're short.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE (aka your maintenance calories)—way more accurate than any online calculator. Set your goal to .5 lb., per week, connect your accounts, and be patient.

I'm 5'2", and my Fitbit burn is 1,350 on couch potato days—so 1,200 calories is only a 150-calorie deficit. I lost way more slowly than most MFPers (30 lbs. in a year & a half). My only consolation is that even a small loss shows when you're short.
    Same issue here. And, with bone/joint disease I have quite a few limitations in what I can do. Swimming is best for me. I lose much better if I swim. It's not always the most convienant,though.
    Once we move I'll get my water rower out of storage. I love that because I can do lots of 10-30 minute sessions and it burns a lot of calories.