Maintaining after Eating Disorder recovery.

Options
Sort of an explanation but i'm wondering why my weight hasn't changed dramastically after/during Eating Disorder recovery.
I'm 5'0 and currently 98-100lb for the past six months. I'm eating somewhere between 1200-1600 per day logging occasionaly. I haven't logged in a long time because it got out of hand last year and the year before and fuiled my ED while I was only eating 800-1000 caloires and exercising for two hours a day. I'm exercising for half hour-hour a day (inter changing free weights, cardio, biking, walking and running) instead of biking, walking/running and cardio all in one day. I've feeling much better physically. Not freezing cold and moody/hungry all the time and not looking bony. The problem is that at my lowest weight during my eating disorder I was 93-95lb. So is the few lb i've gained in the last 6 months muscle or fat and why do i feel better/look less bony even though I've hardly gained weight?

Replies

• cupcakesandvegetables
    Options
    I've had a similar thing happen with me. I am 5'9 and I am now 14 pounds heavier than at my lowest and the difference is still spectacular. My exercising habits were insane I'd run twice a day and walk for at least 2 hours it was more harm than good. Now I am getting better and I try really hard to eat healthy but also eat things I want to eat but jever let myself eat like cakes because I've always loved baking. I think that, though I am no expert, you are startig to feel better at a relatively normal rate and the most important thing in my opinion isn't always how quickly you gain the weight back because it should be more about how you feel than the actual numbers. I think you are doing it right. When I started my recover I failed and had relaspe because the amount weight gain over whelmed me so much. Everyone is different. I don't know if this is what you were looking for but I hope I helped you a little bit.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    From what I understand when your body is in extreme deprivation it starts retaining water in a BIG way. Your body may be letting go of that excess water as it is repairing itself. Thus giving the impression that your body mass isn't increasing .. when it is.
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting into recovery. You feel better and that's the most important thing. I'm trying to recover from an eating disorder and struggle with a distorted body image and feel like crap sometimes. Keep doing what you're doing and best wishes to you.
  • charlestongirl2012
    charlestongirl2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me if they want.
    everyone needs support