Almost three years...

Options
menjivas
menjivas Posts: 124 Member
Almost three years ago (when I was turning 24), I was 165 pounds. For me, being 165 was a dream; I had been 180 about a year before that. However, I wasn't healthy. I hadn't put everything together. I didn't understand that eating only 1200 calories and exercising for two hours wasn't helping me at all. Then, I found this site.

Using this site, I understood that I need to eat my "exercise" calories. I need to watch my carbs, protein, water, and sodium intake. On this site, I learned how to be healthy. I've lost 25 lbs since joining this site and I have maintained my weight for over a year. It has truly been a huge accomplishment for me.

Now, I am about to go run my first half marathon. This chubby girl is going to run 13.1 miles on Sunday. I am super happy I found this site because I would have never been able to do this without.

To all those that are just starting off on their weight loss journey, just know that it's going to be tough but it's worth it. I wake up every morning and I feel happy with myself!

Replies

• MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Good luck with your marathon! :drinker:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Took the words right outta my mouth. Congrats on your success. And yay MFP!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations on loosing all that weight and keeping it off!

Good luck on the half-marathon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!