Egg salad plus protein

Options
Sarahliquid
Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
I found a way to bump up the protein in my egg salad today. I put a scoop of cottage cheese in it. It didn't affect the taste or consistency. Anyone else have ideas for add ins?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Protein -- but might change texture: flax seed, chia seed, sunflower seeds,

In stead of cottage cheese you could add: canadian bacon, ham, protein powder, tuna, powered milk,
  • quzly
    quzly Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    great idea! How about greek yogurt as well?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    great idea! How about greek yogurt as well?

Switch out mayonnaise unless you need to up your fat macro, lol, for the 0% Greek Yogourt.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ill have to get some plain yogurt and try that. I only have vanilla and coconut right now. Great idea though.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I make egg salad with Greek yogurt,mustard, paprika, and chopped up water chestnuts for some crunch. Typically I eat it by scooping it up with pita chips. Its sooo good
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I make egg salad with Greek yogurt,mustard, paprika, and chopped up water chestnuts for some crunch. Typically I eat it by scooping it up with pita chips. Its sooo good

Same here ! Minus the water chestnuts. Interesting! I also add in Turmeric and a dash of spicy pickle juice - from my jar of spicy pickles :) I just eat it out of a bowl with a fork. Pita chips ... ohh yumm!
  • zephyr1975
    Options
    You could also add ricotta cheese.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese and Greek yogurt in mine too! Depending on the texture you prefer, maybe add chickpeas (some people call them garbanzo beans)? If you enjoy a little crunch (ex. celery) you'd probably enjoy them too :-) If you eat meat and like tuna, you could do what you're doing and add tuna...so it would technically be tuna salad, but would up your protein.
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Such awesome ideas... I'm bumping
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I add chicken, extra egg whites and plain greek yogurt to mine. So good!
  • ksquaredz963
    ksquaredz963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hebronc28
    hebronc28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump...great ideas.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, edamame and pumpkin seeds. it's like protein heaven!