Much respect to all you single parents !

Options
And all of you who's partner's are away a lot ! Due to a death in the family my partner's had to go to the Chatham Islands and nutrition and exercise are the last things on my list ! I don't know how you do it lol it's stressful enough with both of you there let alone when you're on your own ! Anyway just wanted to say well done !

Replies

• fi-nz
    fi-nz Posts: 24
    Options
    And all of you who's partner's are away a lot ! Due to a death in the family my partner's had to go to the Chatham Islands and nutrition and exercise are the last things on my list ! I don't know how you do it lol it's stressful enough with both of you there let alone when you're on your own ! Anyway just wanted to say well done !
  • joemama
    joemama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom of two boys...I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old. Your commendation was much needed today. It's funny the little things you miss out on by being a single parent. My kids spent the day not even knowing it was Mother's Day...lol. So thank you...
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you...being a single mom has taken some of the joy out of being a mom alot of the time because i get so overwhelmed.. All the financial burden is on me, every aspect of my day with them is not shared with another adult to take the edge off. I have extreme guilt when i am tired and don't feel like playing barbie. I don't always feel like doing homework. I feel scared and alone most of my life. I often feel like an outcast at school functions and jealous of all the women who have a good man who helps raise their children. I never have time for me even if it is a half hour to bathe in peace. But I know that someday my children will become adults and thank me for not giving up on them like their Dad did. And that very same day I am going to take a nap!!!!:smile:
  • fi-nz
    fi-nz Posts: 24
    Options
    Yeah you guys do it tough ! - I don't think people appreciate how hard it is on your own - there really is no-one else to fall back on and the job you're doing is so important ! Ignorant people are very much all too quick to judge and I just hope one day something happens to change their perspective !
    Aww - you didn't even get mother's day ! - hopefully when your kids are a little older like fynendandi1 says they'll thank you. I have to say since having my own daughter I appreciate my mum so much more ! - gosh the days of bathing alone and trips to bathroom even must be long gone !!
    And on top of everything you guys manage to get on this site ! - you guys get my applause !!