Cold weather running

Options
So I am starting to get out all my cold weather running clothes and I have decided that the headband I use in the winter is just not going to cut it this year. It's one of those fleece ones (or something like it) and It gets way too hot but I need something to keep my ears warm otherwise they just start to hurt and well it interupts my run lol

Wondering if anyone out there has anything that they use to keep their ears warm while running (but not TOO warm). I live in California so it's not that cold but it still gets cold enough to make my ears hurt. I was thinking of trying a buff or just a regular knit headband that I can pull down over my ears. Would love to know you all use

Can't wait to run in the mud! : )

Replies

• Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I have a Nike headband that goes over my ears and once it's too warm I can stuff it in my pouch on my hydration belt.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wear a buff or a lightweight beanie. I am in CA too, but some of the early morning winter runs are quite chilly!
  • doris_day
    Options
    It gets super cold here. My cut-off number is 20 degrees. Anything colder than that and it's not any fun. I went to Sports Authority and bought a light-weight ski thingy that just goes across my ears. When you buy specifically ski wear, it's supposed to dry quicker and keep the cold air out. At least that's my opinion. Sometimes I'll wear one around my neck too if it's really cold.