I need some quick low calorie breakfast ideas!

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I'm bored with my slimfast shake in the morning. :)

Thanks!

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    I like a Van's multigrain waffle with 2 tbsp of almond butter :flowerforyou:
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I normally have an egg and a Thomas whole wheat bagel thin - so delicious and they are only 110 calories for the entire bagel! Plus loaded with fiber... :) and some grapefruit. Otherwise there's always oatmeal. Omelet with mostly egg whites (I have to have at least one yolk for flavor) and some veggies.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    bump. i need some ideas too. eggs all the time gets super freaking boring.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    I usually eat one Whole wheat waffle with either almond or peanut butter on it and a few slices of banana but I've been into oatmeal lately cooked with coconut milk!--super yum
  • Weetabix with sweetener and hot milk..perfect for chilly winter mornings..filling and has a good ammount of carbs to kick start your day!
  • mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    I would love to see what everyone else says! I'm bored with my eggs!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    I eat a Kashi bar every morning for breakfast. 140 calories of honey, almonds and flax.

Nothing screams delicious breakfast like "flax" ... whatever that is.

But hey ... it gets the job done.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Wheat toast with peanut butter ( a small amt though!)
  • fat free yogurt & a piece of fruit!!
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    I got the Natures Own Whole Wheat English Muffins...did a few sprays of the I can't believe it's not butter...and sprinkled some cinnamon and splenda on it...very good!!
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    I love 1 egg - I use my omelet pan, but just let it cook flat and then fold it in quarters + sandwich thin + 1/4 of an avocado and some spray butter and salt and pepper. I LOVE avocados so it starts my day happy!

I also really like: 1/2 cup of rolled oats raw + 1 cup almond milk + 1 banana sliced and sometimes I add a little Agave nectar if the banana isn't sweet enough. I just mix it together, let it sit for a minute to let the oats absorb a bit of the milk. It seems weird to eat oats raw, but they are good - don't try this with steel cut though!
  • I like to switch my shake up with one of the weight watchers breakfast bars and 8oz of fat free milk. It's gives me something to chew on and feel the crunch and I get a diary in.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    omg. Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. my portable power breakfast.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    30g Bran flakes with a little semi skimmed milk and fat free activia (you will never have toilet trouble again LOL!)
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    whole wheat orowheat thin, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 tbsp Trader Joe's reduced sugar raspberry preserves
  • I always have a cupof the original kashi go lean with a banana and unsweetened soy milk. protein, and fiber. yum
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Shakeology (had this one for breakast today) 235 calories....
    Chocolate Banana Shakeology
    Chocolate Strawberry Shakeology
    Chocolate Cherry Shakeology
    Chocolate Mocha Shakeology

Can you tell I love starting my day with Shakeology?
  • dmb9p
    dmb9p Posts: 10
    I'm in love with LUNA bars!! They're the definition of quick breakfast, have enough protein to last, are generally in the vicinity of 170 calories, and they come on lots of yummy flavors!! Lemon Zest, Berry Almond, and Blueberry Bliss are among my favorites :)
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Love Weight Watchers English muffin sandwiches. Take about 2 min to nuke and they're surprisingly good.
  • 2 multi grain waffles with 2 tbsp of fat free whipped cream on each waffle and frozen strawberries, thawed (non sweetness) and once all is made, add xylitol sweetness on strawberries. its so fast n easy and bonus, tastes so delicious!

look up xylitol (xylo*sweet brand. i only find it from whole food store.
This discussion has been closed.