Logging food in MFP doesn't help me

Options
Hi,

Before joining MFP only i lost 8 Kgs. I joined MFP 2 months before. I tried to log food but for indian food its not showing correct calories. And for me also its tough to log the actual amount as we prepare curry for max of the dishes like chiken curry, egg curry, mixed veg curry etc. So i found it very time consuming and boring as i am not getting the correct calories.

without logging also its easy for me to control my calorie intake and losing weight. What helps me in MFP is the community. Everyday i can find some new topic and new ideas.

But i have seen almost all the people in MFP are logging food and getting great results. So any one out there who are not logging food or finding it difficult but still getting results???

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    If it is not showing the correct values, put your own values in or break down recipes and enter the food data for each ingredient - You'll only have to do this once, then they'll be logged. Then all your calories will be logged correctly and the values will be correct...

Just a suggestion :happy:
  • getinmykitchen
    getinmykitchen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried creating your own recipes on MFP?

You can input all of the ingredients you add while cooking and then how many servings. If I cook that dish again then its already ready to log.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an excuse. If you really want to lose the weight you'll do what you have to do to make it happen.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Sounds like an excuse. If you really want to lose the weight you'll do what you have to do to make it happen.

I am following a proper diet plan and workout routine. I am losing weight also. Before joining MFP i lost 9 kgs and 5 more kgs to go. I am so much motivated and dedicated to my fitness passion. Its not that logging food is must for weight loss. It helps the people who can't do it without logging. If you can calculate the approximate calories also it will work for you.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Have you tried creating your own recipes on MFP?

You can input all of the ingredients you add while cooking and then how many servings. If I cook that dish again then its already ready to log.

No i didn't try that. I think its a good option as i am unable to add the exact amount and ingredients from database . Thanks.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

I am following a proper diet plan and workout routine. I am losing weight also. Before joining MFP i lost 9 kgs and 5 more kgs to go. I am so much motivated and dedicated to my fitness passion. Its not that logging food is must for weight loss. It helps the people who can't do it without logging. If you can calculate the approximate calories also it will work for you.
    I agree! If you are losing at a safe rate and you feel good, there is no need to log.
    Keep doing what you are doing-it's working quite well for you!