Arm Fat.

Options
So i have a little arm fat that I want to get rid of. What kind of exercise should I do for that??
Any Ideas people. let me know, Thanks,

! Happy Moms Day !

Replies

• vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Options
    So i have a little arm fat that I want to get rid of. What kind of exercise should I do for that??
    Any Ideas people. let me know, Thanks,

! Happy Moms Day !
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    i would continue to do cardio to help burn fat all over, and then along with cardio, use 3 lbs weights or more depending on your strength and do arm exercises. you can hold them out to your side for about 20 reps, 3 sets each arm and hold them out in front of you. or if you go to a gym, try those arm machines they have all over, those work too!
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Depends on where the fat is located. Bicep curls, hammer curls, overhead tri press, tri pulldown (cable at gym), dips, etc work muscles in arm. Weight depends on your level of strength.
  • vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Options
    I do go to the Gym But seems that the time I go every 1 goes, and Im only able to go in the mornings SO because it seems that the whole town is there I dont get to use those machines that they ahve there... SO i thought maybe I should try N do some work outs at home, (here no1 will bug me LOL).

my hubby says to do push ups. what u think about push ups?
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    My arm fat is in the back/underside of my arm, so I do alot of overhead extensions with a 15 lb. dumbbell, kickbacks with an 8 lb. dumbbell and bench dips
  • foxfire9372
    Options
    If you want to try at home, buy a good resistance band. You can get a solid workout without having to keep buying free weights or try using free weights at the gym. You can do most of the exercises with free weights and if you use a ball you can get a core workout at the same time. Pick up a sculpting tape (or several) if you are not sure of position. My fave way to do really make the muscles work:
    Raise on a 3 count, hold, lower on a 3 count for two sets. Then I pulse to muscle failure.
  • arubabound
    arubabound Posts: 51
    Options
    ok......as soon as I saw the topic I had to read it.....you know those old fat italian grandmother arms? the ones that have decent muscle tone from kneading pizza dough and the underside of your arm looks like your packing a 10lb stash of jello? Where the only position your arm looks good is if you hold them straight over your head and everything's stretched out so they look smooth? Not that I would know what they look like...........ok ok ok ...thats me!!! What the heck happened??? How did I get these alien growth ,sway in the breeze, afraid to wear sleeveless shirts arms??!!! I don't know if there is an excersise in the world that can help me? Am I destined for a life of long sleeved shirts?? Has the fat won? Anybody?
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I do weapons workouts at Taekwondo- I knowthat I am using those muscles because they are sore and tired after a 45 min. workout!:ohwell: I am also using my weights and swim. The way I look at it is if I feel it there, I must be working there:tongue:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    First let's make sure we all realize that you can't target fat loss. Whether it's arm fat or belly fat or pinky toe fat, you do the same thing to lose it, eat right with a deficit and exercise. Now, that being said, once the fat is gone, you do tricep exercises to firm up the area. Things like dips, tricep extensions, and front chinups will all help.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    The only thing that gets rid of fat anywhere on your body is diet and cardio. You can do strength training, like bicep curls, triceps etc, but you will only gain muscle as a result (which is a good thing) but it will leave you with the layer of fat over the muscle until you get rid of it with cardio. And you cannot target fat loss, your body will choose where and when the fat will lessen. Good luck!

Sorry, Banks and I were writing at the same time, didn't mean to totally repeat his answer :blushing:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    The only thing that gets rid of fat anywhere on your body is diet and cardio. You can do strength training, like bicep curls, triceps etc, but you will only gain muscle as a result (which is a good thing) but it will leave you with the layer of fat over the muscle until you get rid of it with cardio. And you cannot target fat loss, your body will choose where and when the fat will lessen. Good luck!

Sorry, Banks and I were writing at the same time, didn't mean to totally repeat his answer :blushing:
    AYE AYE! Sorry I didn't mention in my post, I thought it went w/out saying-my bad:blushing: :smile:
  • foxfire9372
    Options
    Ditto, we girls know that is like #3 on the hardest to tone up and everyone that has seen anyone who has had a tremendous weight loss knows that skin there dangles and drips and likes to slap you in the face and say hi.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    As far as push-ups go, the normal push-up targets the chest area, but also gets some back - so that might help. You can do tricep push-ups. To get into position, put the hands inline with the breasts, elbows against the body, if you can, push up off the floor, keeping the elbows in.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    First let's make sure we all realize that you can't target fat loss. Whether it's arm fat or belly fat or pinky toe fat, you do the same thing to lose it, eat right with a deficit and exercise. Now, that being said, once the fat is gone, you do tricep exercises to firm up the area. Things like dips, tricep extensions, and front chinups will all help.

"pinky toe fat"!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I am really looking to tone up my pinky toe.. any suggestions!?!?! haha!!! J/K (of course)

That was funny, Banks! :bigsmile:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

Yeah, I am really looking to tone up my pinky toe.. any suggestions!?!?! haha!!! J/K (of course)

ok how many people just took off their shoes and socks and checked their pinky toe?

say I........I
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ok......as soon as I saw the topic I had to read it.....you know those old fat italian grandmother arms? the ones that have decent muscle tone from kneading pizza dough and the underside of your arm looks like your packing a 10lb stash of jello? Where the only position your arm looks good is if you hold them straight over your head and everything's stretched out so they look smooth? Not that I would know what they look like...........ok ok ok ...thats me!!! What the heck happened??? How did I get these alien growth ,sway in the breeze, afraid to wear sleeveless shirts arms??!!! I don't know if there is an excersise in the world that can help me? Am I destined for a life of long sleeved shirts?? Has the fat won? Anybody?

You mean "wings?"
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

I aim to please. :bigsmile: