Exercise log help....

Options
I started a class at the YMCA called boot camp. It is an hour of drills. Like you would do at a sports practice. It includes cardio and strength training. How would I track my calories for this class in the mfp exercise log?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    What is your question?
    Go to "help" at the top of any page.....the answer may be there.

Is it this?

Q. The exercise I want to add to my diary is not in your database. How do I create my own exercise?

A. It's easy to add a personal exercise to your database. Just click on "Add Exercise" under the type of exercise you'd like to add. Then click on "Enter an Exercise Not Listed" next to the search box. You'll be taken to a page where you can describe the exercise you'd like to add. Once you're finished entering in your data, just click the "Save Exercise" button.

To add your new exercise to your diary, just search for it like any other exercise. For example, if the exercise you created was called "leg lifts", you could just search for "leg lists." Your exercise will appear in the search results, and you can add it to your log like any other exercise in our database.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor for your future workouts if you want to know your true calorie burn from these exercises. You can customize your own workout with minutes and caloires that way. Otherwise, search the database. Find something close to what you feel like you did and log that for now.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I do a similar class at the YMCA in the evenings. I called it circuit training....

I would love to hear other people's ideas....
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I've done boot camp at our Y. Dang it's hard! However, from a calories burned standpoint, my HRM said I burned 520 calories in a 45 minute class. To compare, I do a 45 minute spin class and burn around 450 so a good 70 calories more. A HRM is gonna give you the most accurate answer but look at something you do normally and add maybe 50 cal. for the intensity of boot camp. (Everybody I know who takes it burns more calories than spinning and other classes.) If it helps, I'm 5'9 and weighed 158 when I did that class.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just finished an upper body workout using those stretchy bands with the handles at the end. Basically "weight lifting" using resistance. Any ideas on what I would look this up under? Do they have anything in the db related to exercise balls.
  • mtzrose2001
    mtzrose2001 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great this gives me some kind of idea what my calories burned should be. I'll try to add my own exercise from this.