Skim Milk????

Ive never had Skim Milk, Is It good? I was thinking of trying it since its low in calories AND i love milkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..... The milk I drink is 140 calories 1cup.... So Ive heard Skim Milk had less calories, whatcha think?

Replies

• vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    Ive never had Skim Milk, Is It good? I was thinking of trying it since its low in calories AND i love milkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..... The milk I drink is 140 calories 1cup.... So Ive heard Skim Milk had less calories, whatcha think?
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    All I have ever drank for the last 20 years is skim milk. I can't drink anything higher b/c it is too thick. Alot of people who try skim for the first time say it's too waterey, so you might want to try mixing your milk and the skim milk and gradually add more skim than your milk to get used to it. I like the skim milk plus, it has added healthy stuff, not so watery:smile:
  • vitaytony
    vitaytony Posts: 41
    I will try it and see if I like it.... :tongue:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    I think once you get used to it you will like it. It tastes like milk, it's just not so thick(which I can't stand thick milk, makes me gag). It's just the getting used to b/c it is noticably not as heavy as whayt you are used to. It's milk, my kids drink the skim milk plus and have since they were like 3 y/o.
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    Yeah I think all milk TASTES the same but the consistency differs from whole to skim
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I didn't drink milk for years and years because I had mild lactose intolerance to it. Then I tried skim milk and have absolutely no problem with that, so now it's all I drink. Tastes like milk to me, just not as "rich" tasting and doesn't sit on my stomach forever and ever like regular milk did.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    It kinda tastes bland but if you buy organic it tatses more like real milk, and it is still low in calories it makes a perfect snack!!!! protien and fluid and LOW cal!!!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Skim milk has some ups and downs... on the upside, its got less fat. The downside is, its more highly processed, which means it has preservatives in it. It also has a lot less nutritional 'good stuff' that a lot of the less processed milks have.

I usually go with 1 or 2%
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I love it. What are you drinking now? If you're on 2% I'd say switch to 1% and then once you're used to that switch to 1/2 1% and 1/2 skim and THEN switch to skim. Its hard to get used to, especially if you jump from 2% to skim right away, skim is MUCH thinner than 2%....... you may not like it at first but you get used to it and it is fat FREE!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    I switched 15 years ago. It took about a month but now I can't even drink 1%. Do it.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Skim, 1%, 2%, Whole.... I love it, love it, love it!!! I think I am the only person I know who can say that!!! Everyone I know prefers one or the other. I love them all.

Now the one I drink the most (almost exclusively) is skim. Skim has just as many vitamins, minerals, etc. but no fat and usually no more than 90 cals - big selling point for me!!! Plus, I drink a lot of milk (probably too much). I'm even like a little kid and sometimes drink milk with my dinner! haha!

I actually had it with my lunch today! Yeah, I know... :bigsmile: