need change of workout with personal Trainer

Options
Hi i have been with my Personal Trainer now for 3 yrs and has been good:) though past month now

have started to get bored with the workout now and not finding it is helping me now i know i need a change off

different workouts with Him i see him twice a week for strength and cardio the rest i do classes spin boxericise body attack aqua

how do i tell him that i need change without hurting his feelings i still want him to train me just need different work out hope this

makes sense thanks

Replies

• fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Just like you said it here. We have been doing the same thing for three years, I need a change. You aren't going to stop seeing him, but you want to shake things up a bit. Just let him know straight out. I don't think it will hurt his feelings, it would bother him more if you quit or got a new trainer because you are bored or not seeing results.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Just tell him. He's heard it before.
    It's best to specify what kind of exercises you like and don't like, so knows how to change the routine to your liking. For example, maybe you like boxing and circuits & complexes, and dislike doing 3 sets of the same exercise in a row, especially machine exercises. Be specific with him.
  • kmk9221
    kmk9221 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah, before you go in and talk to him, think of the areas that you feel you want to work on and ask if he knows any exercises that can help improve ____ & _____ and if he says yes, ask to incorporate that into your workout. Don't be afraid to ask for a change up, but you're great for not wanting to hurt his feelings!!
  • SUSIE091
    SUSIE091 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you just hope he understands still want him to Train me just need a shake up off thngs at the mo am not wanting to go :(
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You never know-- he might be wanting to change up but was reluctant because he thinks you like the current routine.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    He will switch it up for you! It's part of his job, and it shows that you are staying engaged in the workout process. :) Some people like having workouts to repeat/get good at. Others like to constantly try new things.