Going over fat calories !

Options
Okay , so I've been using myfitnesspal for four days now &it's awesome(: So my limit is 1200 calories , &I'm always under it . But for the past two days, I've been going over fat calories by 10-200 . is that worth freaking out over ? how do i burn it ? &what can i eat to fill myself up that has fiber&no fat calories ? don't say salad , because i can't eat it without ranch . suggestions pleasee , thank you !

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You probably will hear this a lot, but you really should not go under 1200 calories. (unless you mean like +5 or something) Your body will go into starvation mode and will actually start retaining fat.

What are you eating? Can't view your diary, otherwise would suggest something for you.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I do watch my fat. Don't really use butter and only a bit of oil if necessary. The fat I do eat comes from meat and seafood. You should not freak out but you should watch it. I love my veggies - not a huge salad eater either. There are some amazing low cal dressings out there - even ranch. I steam or roast veggies with chopped garlic for flavor. I am not restricted however, I eat just about everything - just more healthy and less fat, carbs, cholesterol, sodium, sugar, and calories
  • tesshaney
    tesshaney Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is unheard of unless you are trying not to lose weight. You have to eat to lose weight.
    Eat some broccoli with lemon juice and sea salt. Its yummers!
  • danmullen
    Options
    The type of fat to be concerned about is saturated fat. I would really recommend not going over your daily allowance. When it comes to dressings for salads, just look for lower calorie versions - it's surprising how much better for you some of the "lighter" dressings are, yet they taste just as good as the full fat ones :)
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Get your essential fatty acids, omega 3 and 6. A lot of them if possible, they aid in fat loss. The common misconception is that fat makes you fat, when in fact it's just eating over a calorie budget that makes you fat. Also, 1200 calories is a no no -- eat more than that or your weight loss will slow down / stop.
  • sltx1002
    sltx1002 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    MFP actually recommended a 1200 calorie plan for me, as did a doctor a couple of years ago. So not really unheard of. But with working out and stuff, I do end up having to eat more than 1200.