I'm in the 220's!

Options
I made it to the 220's today! So excited. I've lost 35 lbs in the last 8 weeks and I'm feeling fabulous.

Replies

• klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome! Great work!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • LivviLosing
    LivviLosing Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, more than 4lbs a week, what are you doing? :)
  • starr_tones
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is awesome.
  • starr_tones
    Options
    Sorry can I ask what approach you are taking 35lbs in 8 weeks sounds AWESOME!
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!
  • mattdog02
    mattdog02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    way to go! That's so inspirational :smile:
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • ClaresTime
    ClaresTime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result!
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, more than 4lbs a week, what are you doing? :)

THIS THIS THIS
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well... I eat between 11 and 1200 calories a day. Some people say that's not enough. But I've been doing fine with it the last 2 months. I drink only water and I eat whole, simple foods with very few ingredients. I'm dealing with possible food allergies also, so cutting out ingredients was pretty important to me. I eat about the same food every day so I could get into the habit. Here's what I eat... a banana and hard boiled egg for breakfast, grilled chicken and organic jasmine rice for lunch, oatmeal with blueberries and rice milk and a little brown sugar for my snack, chicken or fish or egg and a potato and steamed veggies for dinner. I usually eat an organic rice cereal for my snack after dinner and I just added in dark chocolate. OH MY. I hadn't had chocolate in 2 months and when I ate my first square of dark chocolate I thought I was in heaven. So rich! LOL. But it gives me a treat at the end of the day and calms down any cravings. Probably the hardest thing for me has been drinking only water. I was addicted to soda. But I don't even think about it anymore really.

As far as exercise goes - I walk the dog 2x a day with my kids. Slow walking but adds up to about 40 minutes. Then I do interval training on the wii fit for 1/2 hr. I'm not running yet but I switch between walking and speed walking. Then I do the Total gym about a 1/2 hr a day rotating between upper body and lower body. The weight lifting makes me hungrier sometimes. If I'm really and truly hungry I eat. But I try to eat 1/2 banana or some protein.

That's it in a nutshell. I was worried at first that I'd miss breads and sodas. The first month I had some intense cravings some days. Seems like once a week I'd be sooooo hungry no matter what I ate. But it calmed down because I established a routine of eating the same foods at the same time every day. My body started looking forward to the foods I was eating. Who knew I could be so excited about eating my favorite fish for dinner instead of a cinnamon roll? LOL. I am so happy with how I eat now that I can't imagine going back to how i was. I've been to the allergist and my regular dr this month as I'm trying to sort out my food reactions. They were so impressed with my diet and exercise and weight loss. It feels great to actually look forward to going to the dr instead of dreading what they'll say and being embarrassed of my physical condition.
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Can't wait to get there.
  • 3BabyBlues
    3BabyBlues Posts: 24
    Options
    Congrats!
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well done! Got yourself organised, hopefully you'll be able to add more variety soon.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hope so too. It's a long process to figure out what food make me sick. I have another appt with the allergist soon and then I think it's trial and error. Try a food and see if I get sick :( I'm concentrating on adding different veggies and fruits and not worrying about the rest yet. Eventually I hope I can tolerate dairy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!