Intermittent Fasting

Options
124»

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

I literally can't imagine my life without intermittent fasting. It's how I've lost well over half the 110+ pounds I have shed. And without any counting, logging, tracking or weighing. I've done a loose, unstructured IFing program up to this point with no "rules" at all. But I'm now recommitting to getting the rest of this fat off and will be switching to a more structure program for the remainder; ADF.

Looking back, IF is what helped me maintain a large weight loss for years when I first had major success at cutting fat. And that was automatic; I'd never heard of IFing. When I intuitively eat to hunger I just naturally tend to go longer periods of time without eating and prefer to eat one or two large meals instead of constant snacking and grazing.

Fasting is a part of my life for spiritual reasons. Utilizing it for weight loss and maintenance however has done wonders for my life. My plan, once at goal, is to maintain using 5:2 for life.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you--I see this thread was started in June or July 2014 and I'm wondering if you are still enjoying IF, and wondering how you're doing and feeling these days? Have you lost more weight, maintained or gained since July. Thanks so much for posting and I'm also finding the other postings quite interesting and encouraging too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!