How fast do you jog?

Options
13»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

There is for me - I jog to recover from running. Running is more of a forward motion, jogging is more of a bouncy, up-and-down motion and is much less effort

Personally for recovery I just run slower. There's no point in running inefficiently...
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options

There is for me - I jog to recover from running. Running is more of a forward motion, jogging is more of a bouncy, up-and-down motion and is much less effort

Personally for recovery I just run slower. There's no point in running inefficiently...

And when you run slower, do you not find yourself bouncing a little more? I don't purposely jump up and down, that's just how slow running comes out. It looks different, more like, say, a 'jog'.
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I run 12-minute miles. I'm slow but don't let it bother me. I don't run races, just do it to keep fit. I do add the occasional sprint for interval training.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options

And when you run slower, do you not find yourself bouncing a little more? I don't purposely jump up and down, that's just how slow running comes out. It looks different, more like, say, a 'jog'.

Not really, no. As I focus on my form, what happens when I run slower is my step shortens a little.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fast jogger at all. For me it's still more like speed walking. The only time I jogged fast was at the 5k's I went to and I'm still not sure just how fast I was going, but it took about 50 mins to complete both times. Still, being over 300 lbs I felt accomplished just being able to finish. :D

Electric Run

4dbd8150181711e38e2d22000a1fbe71_7_zpsa8f5fa5c.jpg

Race for Hope in memory of my cousin we lost to glioblastoma multiforme

1378215_10152134189836267_3574496357588205470_n_zps4d6d5f32.jpg
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    6.0 is my easy pace, 6.8 is my tempo pace, 7.5-8.0 for sprinting

edited to add that I have been running consistently for about 4 years and I am 40 years old with asthma. I also strength train which has helped me get faster. When I started running I was probably going 4.7 - 5.2
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    dfyvlv.jpg

Seriously - I probably can walk faster than I "run"...
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    faster than I did last month and slower than I will tomorrow ( I hope ). That's the great thing about running , I can always go farther and get faster ..lol
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

Not really, no. As I focus on my form, what happens when I run slower is my step shortens a little.

I totally agree with Meandering. Besides another point I would like to add there is no one style to running. Every runner has his/her unique style.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Haha, okay, we clearly don't all mean the same thing when we say 'jogging'. But I will say that if you run in place/on the spot that is definitely 'jogging'!
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    Haha, okay, we clearly don't all mean the same thing when we say 'jogging'.

That's why there is no jogging, there is running or walking.
  • RhiannonBaugh
    RhiannonBaugh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My quickest is a 6 min mile pace and my slowest is a 10 min mile pace. depends what i'm running lol
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    "Jogging is a form of trotting or running at a slow or leisurely pace. The main intention is to increase physical fitness with less stress on the body than from faster running, or to maintain a steady speed for longer periods of time. Performed over long distances, it is a form of aerobic endurance training."

So it's not supposed to be super fast...that is "running" and not jogging. I guess...but really as long as you are out there consistently, you will improve, getting stronger and faster with more endurance...maybe even eventually you will actually be running.

At least I hope so...since I know realize I am probably always jogging and not actually running...whateve
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    The speed depends on the need.

Some days I run slow.
    homer_running.jpg

Some days I run really fast.
    Grizzly2_682_1020099a.jpg