Rewards, Incentives, Motivation, Milestones!!! =D

Options
Hi all!
This is my first post ever!! I've had an MFP account for a long while now, but I haven't gotten around to using it until recently. I really just come here for that awesome inspiration and the individual stories, since logging my food is nearly impossible (I eat in the dining halls mainly, so I know the nutrition of the prepared meals, but it can't be logged here). Anyhoo, I read on here about creating a goal system, so here's mine! Please add yours too so we can all get an idea of what drives us to success!

Goal System:

Height: 5'8.75"
Age: 18 years (19 in a few days, whoo!), junior in college

SW: 175 lbs

GW 1: 168 lbs (weight when started college)

CW: 167 lbs (can fit a shirt from when I was 15. Couldn't even fit it well then at 150lbs and 5'8. Reward enough :D )

---> summer goal: lose 6 pounds

GW 2: 160 lbs (weight beginning of senior year in high school. Where I keep plateauing. Determined to break through it this time by increasing running distance)
REWARD: Rock-climbing membership fall quarter

GW 3: 154 lbs (lowest weight I reached in college doing Keto. Want to prove that I can do it again but without cutting carbs)

REWARD: New spandex tank tops, running shorts, a "brand name" workout outfit (lol)

GW 4: 150 lbs (weight from when I was 15, on the brink of the 140s!) REWARD: Tae Kwon Do membership , start a serious lifting program

UGW: 145 lbs (I remember complaining about this weight when I was 13/14 years old and 5'7. Back again and aware of the journey enough to appreciate being here) REWARD: New clothes + workout clothes, first bikini, trip to the beach, figure skating classes, confidence

I might choose to stick around 145lbs or go lower to 140, but it'll depend on how I look, feel, and where my body decides it's comfortable :)

Replies

• kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I incremented my weight loss goals by every 7 lbs!
    225 - New DVD - DONE
    218 - New Blender - 2.2 lbs away!
    211 - new pair of sexy shoes
    204 - Handbag
    197 - Rock Climbing
    190 - Day Spa
    183 - Two New Dresses
    176 - Weekend Trip to a Beach Resort
  • BananaWalnutGirl_18
    Options
    Wow! Great rewards! I think I'll add day spa to mine too! I see you're close to buying a new blender! Might I suggest the Hercules Elite Blender? It is extremely reliable and blends almost anything! I mainly use mine for fruit smoothies and protein mixes. You should check it out if you're interested! http://www.herculesblender.com/ I see rock-climbing's on the list! I can't wait to start! Thanks for sharing :)
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am currently 166, and would like to get down to 140...truthfully, though, I don't care if I weight 200 provided I fit into a size 8!

So my goals are more size oriented, particularly since I started lifting, and the scale doesn't move much, but the inches are coming off...before one pants size was roughly 20 pounds when I was doing cardio only. Now I'm lifting, 3 pounds lost took me down a pants size.

Currently am a comfy size 14: I bought some new workout gear since my old ones were falling down!

When i get to a 12, I would like to: buy 1 pair of new jeans, and a new sundress
    When I get to a 10, I would like to: get a new pair of sneakers
    When i get to an 8, I would like to: pinup style photo shoot
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I only have one milestone and one reward.

CW 217
    at 204 will be a milestone of the smallest I have been since I was like 13
    ar 180 reward is a night of celebration. Anything goes. No rules. I will be smoking.

I have the wrong motivation but it works so I wont fix it. Incentives are all the compliments I get from others.
  • BananaWalnutGirl_18
    Options
    Congratulations, Teresamwhite! Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that the number on the scale rarely makes the difference. I like the idea of going by sizes, but personally, I don't think it'd work for me because I can fit into a RANGE of sizes depending on the store/brand/country, etc. LOL at your size 8 goal!! Go for it!!
  • BananaWalnutGirl_18
    Options
    Haha! Whatever works!
    I only have one milestone and one reward.

CW 217
    at 204 will be a milestone of the smallest I have been since I was like 13
    ar 180 reward is a night of celebration. Anything goes. No rules. I will be smoking.

I have the wrong motivation but it works so I wont fix it. Incentives are all the compliments I get from others.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I do every 5 lbs with something small such such as a new shirt, shoes, dress etc.....

I do something big for every 25. Spa, pedicure, manicure, new hairstyl etc.

When I got to my high school weight I got my nose pierced a little tiny diamond stud :) (Something I always wanted)

when I get under 200 I will be going to Myrtle Beach for a vacation :)

When I hit goal I am going on a cruise and doing a photo shoot :)