Anyone on Carb Nite?

Options
Curious as to wether anyone is taking this approach and their challenges/successes.

Esentially its a low carb protocol under 30 net (pretty basic), with a slight induction phase. The trick is that you are supposed to spike your insulin every 5-7 days with a "carb nite", using hi glycemic carbs (its almost like a cheat day but you really have to eat alot of carbs), in order to basically reset your thyroid and hormone levels. Then you hit the gym hard and taper off as you get back into ketosis in a few days.

You can mix in intermittent fasting I heard.

I guess i'm just looking for other peoples experience. Im in month one of it. So far I'm not sure how I feel, but I never believe in commiting to a program for less than 12 weeks so I will be seeing it through.

Looking for the best kind of workout to go along with it as well. I almost have the problem of not eating enough....because the fat from the coconut oil, clean meats, and olive oil/fish oil keep me pretty satiated.

Ok.....thoughts everyone?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think it's for people who are struggling to get the last few pounds off their bodies. I'm curious about it too and if you search the forums you'll find more information. I'm still trying to get my weight down before I try this tactic.
  • aarondavitian
    Options
    Interesting, I hadn't heard that. I found some old thread on here, but we all know science moves in one direction, and I know some things have changed.
  • polskadot
    polskadot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a ketogenic diet for about a month, at first I lost 4 lbs (all water I guess) but have been stalled since. Came across Carb Nite and will give it a try, I'm planning my first one this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. A little nervous as I know I will probably balloon the next day, but I went to a wedding about a week and a half ago, and went off the Keto for the weekend. Well I had so much energy the next few days it was amazing and I really didn't gain weight over the course of the following week when I went back on the low carb, continue to have lots of energy.
    I'll try to post my progress as I go along.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Err you can't 'Reset' your thyroid or hormones that's just nonsense I'm afraid
  • jspezzano
    jspezzano Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting CNS today. I do have a question though.

Typically I eat around 150-175g carbs, loosely following the CBL (Carb Backloading) protocol. Well this past weekend, being a holiday, we traveled out of town and I was definitely in "vacation mode". So in an effort to shake lose some of that vacation bloat, I did 4 days at low carb (50-75g).

My question is this, would you count the last 4 days towards the reorientation? Or start today as Day 1? Being low carb the last couple of days, I am definitely "over the hump" and just starting ketosis.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I read carb night and thought, "I do that every day." Ice cream, bagels, popcorn night...oh, it's a low carb thing? Pass. I need carbs to function correctly and I lose weight fine with a calorie deficit if I wish to do so.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I read carb night and thought, "I do that every day." Ice cream, bagels, popcorn night...oh, it's a low carb thing? Pass. I need carbs to function correctly and I lose weight fine with a calorie deficit if I wish to do so.

Here I was thinking this was a night filled with delicious carbs, but alas, another post filled with silliness. Darn. Maybe we should start a real carb night? :wink:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    And shame on you for teasing, OP

Its_a_trap.jpg
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Here I was thinking this was a night filled with delicious carbs, but alas, another post filled with silliness. Darn. Maybe we should start a real carb night? :wink:

Challenge accepted
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

It's like water diets. Why can't they ever involve swimming pools?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Challenge accepted

In for a real Carb Night!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Challenge accepted

In for a real Carb Night!

I'm making tacos!

2yxqaly.gif
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I'm doing salmon tacos with quinoa and spices someone can totally eat some carbs with meh
  • TanManZilla
    TanManZilla Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I honor Keifer for CN & CBL and practice both depending on goals! Currently Carbnite-ing to drop a few BF %'s and hope to be back on CBL by Thanksgiving ;-)

o:)