3 years post Gastric Bypass

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am a 42 year old woman who had gastric bypass 3.5 years ago. My starting weight was 239lbs, I am 5'1" and my lowest weight was 179lbs. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago with iron deficiency anemia and began taking Iron and Vitamin D supplements and then my weight started to go up.
I had a partial hysterectomy 12 years ago so it could possibly be onset Menopause as well
In the past 3 months I have gone up to 191 lbs and I am not happy.
I take in anywhere between 1300-1400 calories a day, have increased my water to 60-80 oz per day and I have been exercising at the gym 5-6 days a week.
I do treadmill to begin 15 min on random 3.5-3.7 MPH and keeping my heart rate at 130ish
then I alternate days, one day I do upper body strength, one day I will do core training(no machine) and one day I will do lower body strength
I have not lost any weight, no inches and I am completely frustrated. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I am noticing muscle definition but no inches are going down and I am soooooooooo frustrated.

Replies

• galt67
    galt67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are frustrated. Any complications due to the bypass surgery? Keep working! :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are several gastric bypass support groups on MFP. Just click the "groups" tab above and search "gastric bypass." I'm sure there are members there who know what you are going through and have good advice.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a 42 year old woman who had gastric bypass 3.5 years ago. My starting weight was 239lbs, I am 5'1" and my lowest weight was 179lbs. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago with iron deficiency anemia and began taking Iron and Vitamin D supplements and then my weight started to go up.
    I had a partial hysterectomy 12 years ago so it could possibly be onset Menopause as well
    In the past 3 months I have gone up to 191 lbs and I am not happy.
    I take in anywhere between 1300-1400 calories a day, have increased my water to 60-80 oz per day and I have been exercising at the gym 5-6 days a week.
    I do treadmill to begin 15 min on random 3.5-3.7 MPH and keeping my heart rate at 130ish
    then I alternate days, one day I do upper body strength, one day I will do core training(no machine) and one day I will do lower body strength
    I have not lost any weight, no inches and I am completely frustrated. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, and I am noticing muscle definition but no inches are going down and I am soooooooooo frustrated.

Your weight gain has nothing to do with building muscle...I promise. Do you know for sure you are only eating between 1300-1400 calories/day? Make sure you weigh and measure everything and include everything, cream in coffee, ketchup, alcohol (if you drink). It looks like you may be new on here...this is a great way to keep track of your calories. There is some great information on this site. Good luck!