One year= NO Pepsi!

Options
kymarai
kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
So I didn't intentionally give up Pepsi. A bout with acid reflux made me lay off it for what I thought would be a short while. I drank almost exclusively coffee and Pepsi. In February they took out my gall bladder. Thought maybe I would try Pepsi again, but by then had quit smoking. What a way to start 2010! Well, I just realized today that it has been a year since I have had a soda. Every so often it sounds good, but never tastes as good as I remember! Reckon that may be playing a part in the weight gain staying lower this time when I quit smoking. Thanks for letting me share!

Replies

• LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would just like to bow to you!!:flowerforyou: Soda is a very hard habit to break.:noway: I have been only 3 days no Dr. Pepper. :sad:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am soda free for two months, and not missing a single drop of that crap! It truly is the devil! lol I was addicted to Mountain Dew, and would drink about 1 to 1.5 liters a day. YUCK! Killed for sodium and calories. And made me gain more weight. Bleh. Congrats on your victory!! That is so awesome!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I would just like to bow to you!!:flowerforyou: Soda is a very hard habit to break.:noway: I have been only 3 days no Dr. Pepper. :sad:

You know what I did? I basically detoxed with 10 eight oz glasses of water a day for 2-3 days. I tried soda again after the 3 days and GAGGED!
  • blel0906
    Options
    Great job! I'm 2 weeks Diet Coke free...only soda I would drink and I would drink it all the time...I don't know if it hurt anything but it certainly didn't help..
  • kymarai
    Options
    You all are doing well! Like everything else soda should be in moderation, but it is so addicting. I reckon I would rather have a bowl of ice cream or even southern sweet tea these days though! Keep it up! You are all doing well!
  • Jennili7
    Options
    I'm almost to my year and a half mark of no sodas! :happy: It was hard at first..especially when I went to Taco Bell cause that's the only place I could get the baja blast mountain dew (my fav!)..but it didn't take long to stop wanting that too. Now someone offers me a soda and I practically cringe away.."I can't break my record!" :noway: lol! Now I drink lots more water, and diet teas like the diet peach snapple and the lipton diet raspberry mix but only on occasion. We're better off without it and have a lot more money in our pockets for sure!! :flowerforyou: :love: now if I could only break my addiction to dark chocolate....
  • kymarai
    Options
    I'm almost to my year and a half mark of no sodas! :happy: It was hard at first..especially when I went to Taco Bell cause that's the only place I could get the baja blast mountain dew (my fav!)..but it didn't take long to stop wanting that too. Now someone offers me a soda and I practically cringe away.."I can't break my record!" :noway: lol! Now I drink lots more water, and diet teas like the diet peach snapple and the lipton diet raspberry mix but only on occasion. We're better off without it and have a lot more money in our pockets for sure!! :flowerforyou: :love: now if I could only break my addiction to dark chocolate....

NO, chocolate is good for you! Not breaking that one!:blushing:
  • Jennili7
    Options
    Oh it would be impossible for me to actually quit my dark chocolate consumption..and I do know that it's good for me (free radicals and heart) but it woudn't hurt for me to cut back some... :blushing: my Dentist wasn't to excited when I told him how much I was eating every day.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a terrible Coke addict (cola, that is!). I've scaled back to one a day (which is quite a feat considering I used to drink about 8 a day). But it's such a comfort to me...how do I learn to get rid of the emotional attachment I have to it? I know that sounds strange but it's what I use to comfort myself. Weird, I know.....I really think I'd lose a massive amount of weight if I could get off it.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

You know what I did? I basically detoxed with 10 eight oz glasses of water a day for 2-3 days. I tried soda again after the 3 days and GAGGED!

This is a WONDERFUL idea!~
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, great job! I'm going on two months since I gave up soda and I'm surprised to find that I don't really miss it. :laugh:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

This is a WONDERFUL idea!~

I thought of myself as pretty brilliant. lol It was almost like I did it naturally. I stopped eating so much grease, and just focused alot on drinking more water, and I didn't have time to think about soda.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank any soda pop of any kind since Dec. 2009. a few weeks ago my evil friends tricked me into taking a sip of coke. I immediately felt a headache like pain. kinda like getting a brain freeze when you drink a icee/slurpee. never again is all I can say.
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    After drinking so much water I have found I lost my taste for soda. It taste so sweet now. :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!