To those who are female and 5"9, how many cals do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• UpToTrouble
    Options
    I'm eating 1400 for a week to reboot my metabolism. Turns out I was eating too little and my body was storing fat for "just in case"

After a week it increases by 200 cal for 1600 however vegetables are considered free if you're feeling peckish. Most of the calories though are focused on proteins to help build muscle mass with working out to ultimately speed up your metabolism to give you some slack for days you might stray. Muscle burns fat, when you diet alone you're basically just losing muscle mass which means you're more likely to put the weight back on easier.

Basically I am eating a well balanced diet with protein with every meal and snack. Has worked so far this week down 4lbs as of this morning :)
  • ac_180
    ac_180 Posts: 5
    Options
    I lose two pounds a week eating 1500 calories a day.
  • balance_happy_mum
    balance_happy_mum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1400 for a week to reboot my metabolism. Turns out I was eating too little and my body was storing fat for "just in case"

After a week it increases by 200 cal for 1600 however vegetables are considered free if you're feeling peckish. Most of the calories though are focused on proteins to help build muscle mass with working out to ultimately speed up your metabolism to give you some slack for days you might stray. Muscle burns fat, when you diet alone you're basically just losing muscle mass which means you're more likely to put the weight back on easier.

Basically I am eating a well balanced diet with protein with every meal and snack. Has worked so far this week down 4lbs as of this morning :)
  • balance_happy_mum
    balance_happy_mum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think im the same......im having a break from exercise because I've felt really flat and sick lately and trying to work out what's wrong.
    Im resetting my diet im eating more often, protein at every meal and having fruit and nuts for snacks.....no results to report yet.
    But interesting reading thank you
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    5' 8.5"
    171-5

sedentary maintenance is ~2000
    daily burn target(via body media fit which in my experience is very accurate) is 2600
    which puts me eating an average of 2100 a day for the week while loosing a pound a week.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    5ft 9 and normally eat around 2k calories... But I normally work out 5 days a week, and I am at the gym for 1.5 hours and the gym machines say anywhere from 700-800k.

When I go to workout... I workout!

Sometimes I do a 45mins spin class, then 30 mins cardio - And I come out sweating!

(I've had a week off due to my sleep patterns - I think this is from me going to the gym too late)
  • FisherGT
    FisherGT Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    honestly, about 1200 and i net around 400
  • indiaink1
    indiaink1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", CW is 205, goal is 160. I'm supposed to be eating about 2100 calories per day in order to lose a pound per week, and that includes working out.
  • kazzsj0urney
    Options
    im 5"8 and 104.1 kilos/229 pounds and currently eating 1800 cals and losing :)
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5'9, 1400 @ 127 lbs to lose