Plateau

Options
Hello! I am new to MFP but definitely not weight struggles! I am a 31 yr old mother of 3 girls and 1 boy. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. I have lost about 40 or so pound in the past 13 months and have hit a major plateau. I cannot seem to lose this last 15 or so pounds! My weight yo yo's give or take 5 lbs week to week. Its very frustrating! Hoping to meet people going through similar struggles!

Replies

• naturebaby
    Options
    welcome! many nice people with good information here.. hang in there and don't be defeated it will happen if you just log all your food and move, move, move! :flowerforyou:
  • charmed2570
    Options
    Welcome, I agree, all of us r here to support. Keep the faith it will happen, drink ur water, keep moving, eat fiber and ur calcium, and it will happen.
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Here's my 2 cents based on some research I've done and personal experience. Basically it all comes down to throwing your body off and not making anything a routine. This means diet and exercise. You're body can become immune to any diet/exercise routine if you keep doing the same thing over and over again. You need to switch things up every now and then to keep it guessing and burning those calories. Rule of thumb is switch up your exercise routine every 3 months. As for diet sometime when I plateau I just splurge a bit for 1 week and believe it or not the pounds come off. You're body is an amazing machine and it's built to protect itself and when you diet you're body goes into defense mode or starvation mode. It thinks you're starving so it slows down your metabolism and hits a plateau.

My suggestion... switch up your exercise routine. If you're jogging on the treadmill switch to cycling or elliptical or perhaps light weights. Also change the order in which you do things. And lastly, as crazy as this sounds, try splurging a bit for a week and see how that works for you. Should you decide to try this, I'd love to hear how it worked out for you.

Good luck! =)