Vitamix soup recipes?

ebbingfat
ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
A couple months ago I bought myself a Vitamix, and I am absolutely in love with it. Lately, I've been getting into making soups in it. Tonight I made myself the sweet potato soup recipe that is on the Vitamix website, and it is wonderful.

Does anybody have any Vitamix soup recipes they'd like to share?

Here's the link to the sweet potato soup if anybody wants it:
https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes/S/W/Sweet%20Potato%20Soup
It's super good. Sweet potato, carrot, apple... yum!

Replies

• ckish
    ckish Posts: 341 Member
    I have owned a Vitamix for more than 35 years and they are wonderful! I make smoothies, soups, desserts, etc every day using it. I am also a cookbook author and have a plethora or recipes to share. Some are on my website www.mymotherssecrets.com I am just starting to add a section completely devoted to Vitamix recipes but it's not ready to go live yet. If you send me a message as to the types of soups you are looking for I could help you more completely. Otherwise just let your taste buds be your guide. I like creamy potato soup so I will use a leftover baked potato (or instant potato flakes) and some milk or water and a chicken bullion cube. I sometimes add whatever veggies I have handy such as baby carrots, onion, red pepper, broccoli, or spinach. I also add some Mrs Dash, garlic, pepper, and a bit of paprika is nice too. I also make soups with pureed tomatoes and some celery, onions, leftover chicken or pasta along with seasonings as mentioned above. Basically any veggie combo will work. Either chop lightly on low speed and add chicken or beef bullion or puree them entirely to make a creamy texture. Be bold and adventurous!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    I love my Vitamix so much. I make ones that are similar to the sweet potato soup but I use butternut squash or kabocha and I roast the veggies and use liquid stock rather than bouillon. Gazpachos are also great in it but I don't have a recipe handy. I think there may be one in the Vitamix cookbook.