90 calories left for dinner...be creative!

Options
2»

Replies

• cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have an exercise bike, so I'd do half an hour on the bike and free up more calories.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'd cry and ask myself why I'm so opposed to going over that I'd GI hungry to stay in the green.

I'd eat your salty tears for dinner, ahhaha.

But only if it didn't put you over your sodium goal.
    Does that count as water, or does the sodium prevent water from being water?
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Also, OP. If You're still eating 1290, going over by even 1000 would not even stop weight loss for the week. Fyi, you can eat more than 1290 and lose weight.

This!

AlsoI rarely end up in this situation, if ever. So, if I was eating at a deficit to lose weight, I would just go over if it happened and also check if it was a day of poor planning or if it was just a random day.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    If you only had 90 calories left for dinner and you did not want to be negative, what food would you eat?

This is with exercise included. Pretend you had a bad lunch :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1% Cottage Cheese - Unsalted...... 1/2 cup = 90 calories & 16 g protein
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I should add to my reply that I don't eat at a defecit. So, I meant that I was ok going into surplus.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I once made myself a 100-calorie salad, just to be stubborn. It included minuscule amounts of turkey, mozzarella, and dressing. But I would either go over (into a surplus, since I'm maintaining) or just have a snack. If I only have 90 calories "left" for dinner, then I've probably already met my protein macro by lunchtime, in which case my best bet (to help meet my micros) will probably be a bowl of berries or a bag of frozen veggies browned with a little bit of butter.

More typically, though, I'd be going over. Ain't nobody got time for teeny-tiny dinner.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with a straight lettuce salad, easy on the dressing. Or lite dressing with some parmesean. I think you could squeak in under 90 with some careful measuring.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd go over too, or make an egg white omelet with a lot of veggies.
  • azrubael
    azrubael Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am always up for a challenge so For 90 cals I would go with a Stuffed portobello mushroom cap
    Large portobello mushroom cap 3oz at 25 calories.
    ! Tablespoon dales steak sauce at 15 cal
    1/2 oz of feta cheese at 37 calories
    Chopped green onion 15 grams at 3 calories
    Chopped fresh garlic 5 grams at 10 calories

Total 90 calories

Drizzle the steak sauce over the mushroom then grill for 15 minutes. Add the garlic and onions then top with cheese. Grill for an additional 5 minutes. Viola dinner is served.
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A big salad with some new kind of dressing instead of the same-o stuff.
  • EverSinging
    EverSinging Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go run a mile. Then fill up on veggies and a serving of hummus.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    egg white omelet with Taco sauce
  • MonsterSugarBug
    Options
    I am always up for a challenge so For 90 cals I would go with a Stuffed portobello mushroom cap
    Large portobello mushroom cap 3oz at 25 calories.
    ! Tablespoon dales steak sauce at 15 cal
    1/2 oz of feta cheese at 37 calories
    Chopped green onion 15 grams at 3 calories
    Chopped fresh garlic 5 grams at 10 calories

Total 90 calories

Drizzle the steak sauce over the mushroom then grill for 15 minutes. Add the garlic and onions then top with cheese. Grill for an additional 5 minutes. Viola dinner is served.

I don't care for mushrooms (it's a texture thing), but that sounds freaking amazing! I'd sub out the Dales Steak Sauce for A1 though.
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    90 cals for dinner? not worth it! Just go over for a day, and eat something healthy :)
  • chicagoliz
    Options
    I'd probably go for about a half cup of cottage cheese (1 cup if I were willing to go slightly over) and a pack of the sunsweet one cherry tomatoes.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    2 c of cabbage sautéed in billion and a little water, then mixed with a heaping tbs of low fat cream cheese and some spices. Go t meal when I was doing 5:2 fasting.

But let's be honest, I would probably just say F it and go over
  • kindaouttaluck
    kindaouttaluck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    two servings of egg beaters + a serving of broccoli + 1/2 tbsp ketchup

three servings of steamed broccoli + 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce

1/2 cup of greek yogurt + stevia + cinnamon + 1/2 cup of blueberries

2 cups unsweetened almond milk + 1/4 serving protein powder and/or 1/2 cup of berries to make a smoothie
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Last night I was in a similar situation and ate a 157 calorie dinner, myself. So I would do the same thing I did last night except with 1 egg instead of two -- an omelet made with egg, lots of chopped onion, fresh basil leaves, and spread thinly with 1/2 tbsp of leftover seafood sauce from the previous night's sushi.