My journey! Updated pics!

Options
It's been almost 8 months now here with MFP, and I don't know what I would do without each and every single one of you. Everyday that I log in, and I have not missed 1 day, I learn something new.

I started my path here as a desperate, defeated, tired, sunken woman. I had an extremely large umbilical hernia, and this was the second one. My surgeon told me as long as I was OBESE, (can you believe at 255lbs he called me obese! How dare him!), I would keep getting hernias, and that I needed to loose 50 lbs before my surgery. My family doctor told me I needed to get under the obese weight before my surgery, which for me is 180 lbs. Well, I thought this will never happen, I've been this way since I was 14, I'm not going to change it at 43. I then tried on my own in January of this year. By March, when I started here, I was only down to 247 lbs, My niece turned me on to MFP, and look what it has done for me. I had tried many programs, that I paid dearly for, and failed at all of them. Now, I would love to stand up to Valerie Bertinelli and say "Hi, I'm Melanie, and I've lost 83 lbs now, on MFP, FREE! People can't afford those programs nowadays. They don't need them. This place works if you want it to work for you, or should I say with you. I couldn't have done this alone, no matter the program I paid for. You guys are here for me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, holidays included.

Well, I finally had my FIRST surgery on 9/27 for the huge hernia, at 175 lbs, which is under obese for me right? Well, 10/13 I was back in surgery, with ANOTHER hernia. What happened to being under obese? I AM? Anyways, all fixed, AGAIN. Now here it is, almost 1 month later, and 18 holes in my stomach, I am still going on. After my surgeries I went up to 190 lbs. KILLED me. I am down to 172 lbs now, 3 lbs less then the first surgery. Will be glad when I can start exercising again. I chnaged my shirt 3 times this morning before I left, as now without the hernia, everything hangs off of me. Time for some new clothes!

One last thing before I leave you all alone. Christmas is near, and times are tough. I have been off of work now since 9/26, and I am not aloud to go back until at least 12/01. I have taken up selling jewelery for Premier Designs on the side to try and help bring in some money for bills. We were not prepared for me to be off this long. If anyone would like to see a catalog, please email me at cuppscarats@aol.com. I can email you the catalog as a pdf. We accept all major credit cards, and money order. I ship anywhere in the US. If you live in Ohio, within 100 miles of Dayton, let me know if you would be interested in earning yourself some free jewelry. All of our items come with 100% money back gaurantee. As long as you own it, if it breaks, they fix it.

I'm hoping my images upload, as last time I did only half of them did. Thanks for your time and goodluck with your journey! I am here for you whenever you need it and accept all friends request. Happy Holidays!!

Mel_Side_by_Side_1.jpg
Mel_Side_by_Side_2.jpg

Replies

• sweetie89207
    Options
    WOW...you've done so amazing! Congratulations= i bet that feels so amazing...and your current pictures look amazing!!!! i aspire to get there one day...thanks for sharing!
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    WTG! You should be proud of your accomplishment! You look fantastic!!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look so great!
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    great job!!!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look great congrats!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow incredible! You've done a great job. MFP is so great. Everyone is so supportive. I tell everyone I know who wants to loose weight and be healthier. You just can't beat it!
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Love the point about not paying andt he 24/7 support!! :)
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! All of your hard work has certainly paid off!!!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story.:flowerforyou:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Look at how beautiful you are! You're just glowing. I'm so proud of you. Despite your rocky road this whole journey, you're still kicking major butt.

Thank you also for the continued encouragement you give me daily! Love ya, Mel!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger!
  • jusimm
    jusimm Posts: 28
    Options
    wooohoooo.....You look great!!
  • MzSpiderella
    Options
    You look fantastic! Wtg hun! Keep up the amazing work! :o)
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    wow you look awesome, keep up the great work
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Fantastic! What a journey you've been having! I wish you a speedy recovery, so that you can get back to your exercising too! Super job.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!good for you!!!Thanks for sharing!
    jane
  • GrannyBigz
    Options
    Wow...you are doing great!! Even with surgery you kept pushing forward Congrats!!
  • meka_09_10
    meka_09_10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! thanks for sharing..you look wonderful!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Look at you looking good! Keep it up :drinker:
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thanks for the inspiration!!:love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!