Not taking a 1800-2200 calorie day during the week

Options
I'm into week 5 of a slim down. Up until this point every week I've taken an 1800 calorie day. According to Jillian M's program, I can eat 1400 calories a day and take one 1800 calorie day to help my body not hit a plateau. Well, my stomach is shrinking and I'm typically eating 1400 calories and am wondering what will happen if I don't take the 1800 calorie day? Anyone else trying this method or have further info about it? I've got 14.5 pounds to go to hit my goal ;-)

Replies

• SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If you are following a plan that advises you to take one 1800 calorie day a week, then you should do it. To a certain extent it really doesn't have to be hard to eat that much more as far as bulk goes. Healthy fats are way higher in calories anyway, so eat an avocado and some nuts, etc. and you probably won't have difficulty getting to 1800 in a day :)
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I haven't done that exactly, but it never fails that if I stay under my cals by about 200 and exercise everyday, my weight loss slows. Last weekend I didn't log at all (went to a wedding and ate WAY too much), and I lost 2.3 pounds at my weigh-in this morning. No hard evidence here, but just something I noticed that works for me. I still try to make better choices about what I eat, but I don't count calories for one day each week. So I say try it and see what happens! :)
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    I was on 1200 calories a day and never went over once the whole time by more than a few calories, did not eat my exercise calories either, and lost weight steadily, no plateaus. near the end of my weight loss, after nearly reaching my goal weight, my weight loss slowed down a bit, but that is all and apparently happens to everyone
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    do as your trainer suggests if possible. it kinda sounds like the zig-zag system i posted earlier. keeping the body guessing about calories.