Hello from Iowa

Options
Fit2_T
Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
Hello from Iowa

My name is Teresa and I'm new to My Fitness Pal. A friend suggested this site (thanks Jene!) and I love it.

I started my weight loss journey the first week of June of this year then joined Weight Watchers in July so that I would have someone to be accountable to. I need that weekly weigh-in to keep me honest. So far I have shed 45 pounds. I have 25 more to go.

The thing is I’ve lost this 45/50 pounds twice before in the past 6 years. I get to this point and when fall/winter arrives I begin over-eating and gain it all back - plus some. I am so determined not to do that again.

My strategy this time is to be conscious/mindful of everything that I put in my mouth and to keep setting attainable goals. So far so good. I’ve also joined a gym and plan to do some cardio and resistance training.

And the last piece to the puzzle is to find support for my journey. I do get support at Weight Watchers, but I may not be able to afford that for much longer.

Anyway, I'm here looking for support and I can be supportive too. Good luck to everyone!!

Replies

• s_parziale
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm also in IA so I know how difficult the winters can be!! This is my second winter with MFP and I love it!! Good luck with your fitness journey! :)
  • Fit2_T
    Options
    Thanks so much! Not looking forward to the winter!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I'm from iowa too and this is my first winter.
    I know how it goes with not having money. I am doing work outs at home as I am not working right now. They are pretty good.
    doing the 30 day shred with jillian michaels and a walking dvd.
  • Fit2_T
    Options
    I just ordered the 30 day shred. Do you like it? Is it hard? I'm not sure I have the stamina for it. And I've been using the walk away the pounds dvd too.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I am doing the first level of the 30 day shred it is hard, but i like it. You are killing yourself just the right amount and really stamina comes with time. So you should be fine. I am 400+ lbs and am doing it and getting through it.