i'm starving

Options
of course i know i'm not really starving. i've been strictly dietiing x 2 weeks and i'm dying for a burger and fries. i have stepped up exercise this week and i've also been really hungry. i've already gone over on calories today but i'm still starving. i just don't think anything is going to satisfy me until i get that burger. i plan to be back on track tomorrow. i'll probably feel guilty. any words?

Replies

• gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Get that burger! One cheat day is going to hurt, but could possibly help you!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Make that yummy burger at home!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Try find healthier ways to deal with the cravings. Try having a vegi burger and sweet potato fries, for example.
  • endurowoman
    endurowoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are not eating enough protein and or veggies. If the food you eat is really healthy you will get past these cravings eventually, but you have to clean it up. Hopefully you can start by letting the fries go..........or you can be an obsessive compulsive and exercise yourself to the point you can eat the darn burger. the worst part is it slows your weight loss and you feel guilty.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    have the burger and do as the others have said, make it yourself with ground turkey or lean beef. season that baby up and top it with loads of veggies! throw on a piece of cheese.

we are making life changes and our life isn't going to exclude burgers, it's going to change them to be healthier versions :wink:
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I agree. Try to find healthier and lesser calorie alternatives to the foods you love! There are plenty of websites that can offer fat free and low fat/low calorie meals that are awesome! Google is your friend!
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    thanks, guys. :wink:
  • navy4you2
    navy4you2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know I might not be able to help, but you can drink more and more water as well as maybe just get some fruits and veggies that would help ramp up your metabolism. I am not really one to talk, but these things have worked for me so far.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    Maybe you are not eating enough protein and or veggies. If the food you eat is really healthy you will get past these cravings eventually, but you have to clean it up. Hopefully you can start by letting the fries go..........or you can be an obsessive compulsive and exercise yourself to the point you can eat the darn burger. the worst part is it slows your weight loss and you feel guilty.
    you're probably right about that.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Also, when are you starving? I was starving at night. The cure go to bed early or plan for it by having a veggie or a fruit. It also revealed my previous lifestyle. That is I was eating late at night. Always keep in mind that you can have more tomorrow.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Love this site !!! Here are some good Burger idea's

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_burger_recipes
  • eculv
    eculv Posts: 2
    Options
    About three weeks ago, I was in the same position. I was ready to sell pets to get a cheese burger. I opened up the freezer and spotted some Boca Burgers. The little light went on (in my head, not the freezer): I can have not only a cheeseburger but a DOUBLE!

2 Original Boca Burgers (The flavor and texture are really close to beef. These things are good!)
    70 cal each
    <http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/boca/meatless-burgers-original-vegan/&gt;

2 x your favorite reduced fat cheese (I like provolone)
    50 cal for Sargento
    <http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-sargento-reduced-fat-deli-style-i96013&gt;

1 x Natures own whole wheat sandwich rounds
    100 cal
    <http://www.naturesownbread.com/Global/NutritionLabels/100 Whole Wheat.pdf&gt;

Total calories for a double cheese burger: 340

For 50 fewer calories, you can substitute one of the Boca burgers for an egg and skip the second slice of cheese.

Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    I agree with eculv. I had my first Boca Burger at Red Robin this year. It was yummmmmmy.

Buy it and try it! I'm hooked - maybe you will be too.
  • johniakay
    Options
    I have used some of the frozen veggie burgers in the past and they really taste good. Doctor it up with your vegetables!!!!! Good Luck and you can do it!!!!
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that it is better to have a portion controlled "cheat" when your craving is really bad than completely deny yourself - because eventually the craving will get soooo bad that you'll probably go on a binge. I've been applying this to my own diet/weightloss plan & i've found it's really helped e.g. if I really want chocolate - I'll have a Crunch mini bar (it's only small, and totals 60cals) but it satisfies the craving monster & then I'm good to go - whereas in the past... I'd eat a whole slab of chocolate. The trick is: If you don't buy it you won't eat it. As far as burgers go, I'm a die hard McD's fan - it's been the bane of my existence since varisty days!!! My trainer and I agreed that Saturdays would be by "treat" (rather than "cheat" day) - so I allow myself a junior cheeseburger (no fries no drink - rather than my usual 1/4pounder with cheese mediumMcMeal) on Saturdays...It gives me something to look forward to too. Funny thing is, after the first 2 weeks of doing that I found that the extra calories made the McD's taste a LOT less good than I'd been imagining all week and slowly but surely I've completely phased it out over the past 6 weeks.

Good luck to you!! And those veggie burgers sound good - reckon I'm gonna try those too :))
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    If you find yourself addicted to McDonald's, Burger King, etc. I encourage you to watch Super Size Me and read the book Fast Food Nation. Broke the habit for me, I haven't had any fast food since my sophomore year of high school (2004).
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    If you find yourself addicted to McDonald's, Burger King, etc. I encourage you to watch Super Size Me and read the book Fast Food Nation. Broke the habit for me, I haven't had any fast food since my sophomore year of high school (2004).
    well, i'm not addicted by any means. i think it's my body's way of rebelling. it wants to hold on to the weight. the empty feeling i have is probably due to calorie expenditure from all the exercise this week. the burger is just my mental obsession for the moment. next week, it will be chocolate.i haven't watched that movie but maybe i should. you say i'd be cured? :)
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    If you deprive yourself you will not succeed! Have the burger but opt for a healthier version, or ditch the cheese, mayo and half the bun. Some of my biggest weight loss's have come the morning after I have "indulged" to some extent. Good luck!
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Motoxmom is exactly right. Don't deprive yourself, that just leads you to binge. Have a burger, but stay far away from McDonald's and other fast food. You might want to try a homemade burger, perhaps with turkey. Always make sure the bun is whole wheat, get those good complex carbohydrates! As for the movie and the book, it really did turn me off to fast food forever.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Motoxmom is exactly right. Don't deprive yourself, that just leads you to binge. Have a burger, but stay far away from McDonald's and other fast food. You might want to try a homemade burger, perhaps with turkey. Always make sure the bun is whole wheat, get those good complex carbohydrates! As for the movie and the book, it really did turn me off to fast food forever.

lots of wonderful recipe suggestions! i don't crave burgers, but i can say that watching super size me will definitely put you off of fast food when you see what it can do to your body. i also did an experiment (which i know has been repeated by others with the same result) of buying a McDonalds hamburger and fries and just leaving them on a shelf in my office. 6 months later, they looked virtually identical to the day i bought them....