Measuring help?

Options
I'm sorry if this sounds silly but: How do I take my measurements? At the beginning of the month I tried to take measurements but I'm not sure I did it right. So I obviously have a stomach that hangs a little, when measuring my hips do I, uh, measure around my belly or under? Is there a blush emoticon here??? I tried googling a couple weeks ago, but the photo tutorials are always perfectly fit looking individuals.

I can't tell if I'm doing it right. Some photos showed that the measuring tape was below the genital area for hips, others showed it slightly above. I'm really short, if that makes a difference.

Edit: Also, I realize I don't have many friends here on MFP just yet. Any other shorter gals (I'm 4'11) or anyone with 50+ to lose, please add me.

Replies

• LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    For the hip measurement I measure the widest part around which includes the belly and it may or may not include the top of your bum. I also try to make sure the tape is horizontal all the way around in the mirror - just so I can make sure I'm measuring the same place every time (or as near as possible).

But basically as long as you're comparing the same place on yourself each time it doesn't really matter if it's the same place as other people!